Front Shock Mount

Tiberious

OK. I just had my front springs replaced on Saturday. I thought everything was good to go. Then yesterday I heard a clunking in the front. So I popped the hood to see the passenger side Shock sticking up higher than the driver side. I thought the nut wasn't tightened when they put the new springs in, but the thread length sticking up past the nut is the same on both sides. I took the car to NTB to check it out. (A friend did the spring install) They said that the strut mount was broken and the strut was pushing up through it.

So the question is....What exactly do I need? A STRUT CUSHION/MOUNT???? or a STRUT-MATE BEARING PLATE??? Looking at Rockauto.com they look like the same thing. Can't tell the diff???

Also, why would the mount have broken?? Should I have used new one?

Thanks

Different name...

But they're the same thing. You need the strut plate. They do go bad. Guy should have been able to tell when he had them apart, but you never know. It's not a bad idea to replace them when you do shocks/struts/springs just 'cause it's a PITA to do it over again.

I just changed mine after installing KYB shocks. I couldn't tell they were bad until the weight of the car was back on them and I had a bad rattle/clunk going over bumps.

I got mine at advance auto for a regular tbird and they were like $33.00 or something. I have pics on one of my topics, search for Just Installed KYB and find my thread.

Back