Cold Air Divider Specs

Ben999_

Hey I was curious as to whether anyone who has the MP cold air divider such as this one - http://www.spinningwheels-sc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=16, would be able to take some measurements so that myself and others could fabricate one without paying the hefty price tag.

Otherwise, does anyone have any custom air box ideas or plans they would like to share? Even pics alone would be very helpful. I searched and found a few, but nothing too detailed.

you don't need to bother with specs. Get an air filter and connectors and mount it in there. Then take some cardboard and cut it and tape it to fit. then take that cardboard and get someone to cut some metal and bend it for you to match the cardboard.

Screw it down and there you go. You're own cold air divider.

A couple of guys sent some PM's to help out but if those don't work then I'll probably end up usin' the cardboard technique :D .

soo....... how well does this help out is it ment so the intake dont suck up hot air from the engine compartment...:confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

yes that is the purpose. It forces the air to be sucked up from the hole where the stock air box is mounted.

The blower makes air hotter. Start with colder air, that gives you more room for it to heat up. Start with hot air, and it's going to get even hotter.

thunder,

Have you ever heard the word pesimist? Dude, I have a $2000 infrared thermometer. If you want, I can post before and after temperature readings when I install an MP kit I have not installed yet.

thunder,

Have you ever heard the word pesimist? Dude, I have a $2000 infrared thermometer. If you want, I can post before and after temperature readings when I install an MP kit I have not installed yet.

that would be cool. MP intake or MP FMIC ?

i dont think im too much of a pessimist :)

Cardboard is your friend.

Attachments

• divider 001.jpg
    divider 001.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 156
  • divider002.jpg
    divider002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
thats it you should have made it cover more... :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D :D :p

No need, the hood closes down on it and the hood insulation seals it. The only air getting around it is whatever comes around the head light (no heat) and the little space behind the MAF. Its better than a MP divider, and an arse load cheaper. $200 to be exact.

I have the MP CAI and it came with the divider. Any divider definately worth it, any way the filter can stay cooler. The MP seals to the hood, blocks of any air from the engine bay, even surrounds the MAFS. It only allows the air to enter from the hole where the factory air box bolted to the silencer. Which is fed by the air from the front bumper.

At speed, and at the track it is going to make a difference.

At speed, the air coming into the engine compartment there is heated by the radiator. You don't want to pull that air into the engine if you can avoid it.

At the ground temps will be high, but this will keep hot air from behind the radiator out of the intake.

For about $30 in material at the most, it's worth it. If you got to pay more than $100 for it, there are probably better places to spend the money.

That said, I still have a K&N panel filter on my 90 with the stock air box (silender removed).

started on mine today got it fabed up and just needs to be cleaned up and painted ill get some pics its a full box almost :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

Back