Installing new AC components

Gerry Rider

One of the previous owners of my '89 literally broke and ripped out one of the AC pipes, so I have no idea how long the system has been open. I have purchased a new compressor, with clutch, and a new drier/accumulator and am in the process of getting new hoses/lines. Will I have any problems installing this, setting up the system then getting it charged and working? Anything else I should do?
Gerry

If the system was open to the elements, I wold suggest flushing any of the components that you are not replacing.

I second birds4us and would also add replaceing the liquid line{small line from condensor to the evaporator} it contains the orfice tube. Its a good thing to do when working with a system of unknown condition.$20.00 will buy you a new one.

yep, have the A/c shop flush the system before throwing the compressor into it. Then make sure they suck it down to a low vac and hold it for a good long while to make sure all the moisture is pulled out.

installing new AC components

Thanks guys. The only things not being replaced will be the condenser and evaporator. These I will have flushed well. Thanks again.
Gerry

Back