PDA

View Full Version : "Abandoned" SC in SA

txsc
06-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Does anyone in the club own the 89/90 titanium SC sitting along Walzem between IH-410 and Austin Hwy?

I spotted it on Thursday, 06/14. It's intact but rough, and the LH window is broken out and covered with a tarp. Has a ratty titanium leather interior w/fold-down rear seat. Might be a decent parts car though. Other than the LH window, it appears to be complete.

JD

jackramz2002
06-16-2007, 11:30 AM
i say the sc everytime i went to work it has a blue tarp on the speakers were takin off no radio and no batt. my bro want to if they were selling it so i can buy it but i wanted a standard not a auto but it is in really good condition the guy who owns it, is there on the weekends i havet talk to him but my bro said there is one off of flores st. and he said he saw a blk one for sell to but u should be able to get a good deal on the sc on walzem

txsc
06-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I'd consider the Walzem car a parts car only; it's very rough, and the interior has to be rotten after having water let in for who knows how long. If it's been too long, the floor pans could be blown out from rust just like a northern car. But, there might be some decent pickings for someone needing driveline/suspension or some body items. Not much there I can use. Maybe someone locally will pick it up before it's completely wasted away.

JD

jackramz2002
06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
that car been sitting there for a long to time i think my bro said a couple of years i forgot are the seats leather you should go up there on the weekends to whats up on that car the day car next to it said the guy who owns that car is usually there on the weekends i pulled a car fax on it before

txsc
06-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, I'll leave that to some other club member in San Antonio. I don't need any parts, and don't have anyplace to put it (restricted neighborhood). Plus, I'm too busy to mess with taking a car apart. But, if someone had a place to stash it and work on disassembly, it might be a good deal...

JD

Danzajax
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Anyone know if its still there? (as of 6/22/07) I might be interested. I will swing by sometime this weekend and check it out.

-dz

PS TXSC, do you know how i go about getting a member page/avitar/sig? I'm a paying member but my account was screwy for a while.

txsc
06-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Anyone know if its still there? (as of 6/22/07) I might be interested. I will swing by sometime this weekend and check it out.

-dz

PS TXSC, do you know how i go about getting a member page/avitar/sig? I'm a paying member but my account was screwy for a while.

The car was there last weekend; looks like it's been there for awhile. I'll bet it's not going anywhere soon.

Regarding the member page, etc., I don't know. You'll have to hit up the moderators to see if they can assist.

JD

Danzajax
06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
I saw the car today. It looks to be in fairly good body condition considering. I ran into the postman that was delivering mail and he said the car has been parked there for about a year and no one gets mail at that business. Does anyone know how to get ahold of the owner?

Ive got the Vin and Lic Plate if that does any good..

Thanks.
-dz

jackramz2002
06-24-2007, 01:38 PM
the day car next to that thunderbird told me that the owner is usually there on the weekends

Danzajax
06-24-2007, 02:59 PM
He wasn't there when i saw the car. Ill have to leave a note on the door next time.

-dz

txsc
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Did anyone ever run down an owner for this thing? I noticed it was still sitting there last weekend. The cover over the roof is now ripped off. If I get some time, I might try and find someone who knows something about it. Might be some decent parts on it...

JD

Danzajax
07-17-2007, 09:03 AM
I just spoke to the post man that works the area. He said it had been there over a year and he never delivers mail to that address. I haven't had a chance to get over to it and put a note on it yet as i live on the NW corner and work in the SW, so i'm never in that area. If anyone ever does find him, I'm still interested (that is, if whoever contacts him doesn't want it). I just haven't had much time lately as all my spare time goes into rebuilding the rear diff and brakes on my 92. If you buy buy it for parts, ill buy the rolling chassis, or ill buy it and sell you whatever parts on the cheap. My 92 is worse off than I thought underneath. Its even the same color as mine. You did spot it first though, so you have first dibs.

-DZ