problem removing passenger motor mount

kpatton

Guys could use some ideas here..

I can't break the bolt loose on the passenger side motor mount top back bolt. Is there a trick, that puppy is in there really tight and can't get any leverage to break it loose.
thanks

Everything I did in this post was with the exhaust manifolds removed.

I removed the entire mount as a whole and then tried to remove the nut. I doubt you will be able to remove the nut when the mount is still attached to the motor. It's pretty tight cannot get a lot of leverage, like you said.

Even after I had the mount out I was still unable to take the nut off. I ended up taking it to a shop where they used a beast of a impact to remove it.

My suggestion would be to take the mount out and then try to remove the nut.

Good luck,

Andrew.

I think he means one of the bolts on the block, I have had the same problem. I just removed the big nut on the top of the mount and jacked up the motor enough that it would just fall out.

Hope this helps

thanks all, I finally removed the mount nut itself, used a reciprocating saw, cut the bolt at the mount itself then wiggled got the mount out. With a hammer was able then to tape the motor side with freed the bolt.. What a chore, but then what isn't on these cars.

thanks again

What fun.. When I last did this, I used a combination of extensions, a 6 sided socket and swivel, a cheater bar, which is a piece of 2' long heavy steel conduit I found on the side of the road, and some grunt. I was just sure to fully seat the socket as you only get one shot at it before the bolt rounds off.
The most fun was the long through bolt at the front which was torqued to about 1000ft-lb or so. I shattered a 13mm socket on that one. :D

Back