Cold Air Divider(my home made one)whats you guys think of it**NOT FINSHED**

92sclikenew

i did this so i didnt high jack the other guys thread... but its my own custom one that im making... :p

and yes i know it needs cleaned up alot, looks like it has 15 coats of paint on it but im gonna sand it down to bear metal.. and re paint it black and it should look nice... i hope:rolleyes: :D :D

the intake hole needs to be cut to the rest of the size, and a bit of welding to the casing its self.. also the bottom mounting point needs holes drilled and a bit cut off so it dont block the hole in the fender well, and then the good sand and paint

Attachments

• DSCF1434.JPG
    DSCF1434.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF1433.JPG
    DSCF1433.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1435.JPG
    DSCF1435.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF1436.JPG
    DSCF1436.JPG
    378.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF1437.JPG
    DSCF1437.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I'm reminded of...

The line from Predator 1: "You ugly mother...! LOL!! JK. Wish I had trhe tools and skill to make my own s~~~!!

Box

I have hang on to some stainless steel scraps at work. I know it's heavy......but it won't rust and should last a very long time. I'd be used some 309 stainless rod.

I would delete the top and just make the side long enough to intersect the top of the hood with some door weather stripping across the top. Having a top on there you'll find irritating as you have to take everything apart to change/clean the air filter.

Otherwise looks good.

Note that it's simple dimple to work with steel plate. You can pickup a sheet of it at the hardware store. You then just need a tin snips and you can cut it to whatever shape you want. A hand grinder can smooth it all out. Then a couple pieces of 2x4 with some wood screws can be used to bend it.

I would delete the top and just make the side long enough to intersect the top of the hood with some door weather stripping across the top. Having a top on there you'll find irritating as you have to take everything apart to change/clean the air filter.

Otherwise looks good.

Note that it's simple dimple to work with steel plate. You can pickup a sheet of it at the hardware store. You then just need a tin snips and you can cut it to whatever shape you want. A hand grinder can smooth it all out. Then a couple pieces of 2x4 with some wood screws can be used to bend it.

i wanna stick with it having a top i dont wanna rub anything on my hood... :rolleyes: ;) and thanks i think its a good design and dont mind having alot of work to take air filter out, witch is only gonna be 2-3 bolts to hold the whole thing in ill get some pics soon with it in the car so you can get an idea.. but hey this is all free besides my time..

Last edited:
i wanna stick with it having a top i dont wanna rub anything on my hood... :rolleyes: ;) and thanks i think its a good design and dont mind having alot of work to take air filter out, witch is only gonna be 2-3 bolts to hold the whole thing in ill get some pics soon with it in the car so you can get an idea.. but hey this is all free besides my time..

hey man is your car runnin any better with the new plugs in ?

please put a fan behind that intercooler at the least. with a ported blower and 10% OD w/ stock IC system, your engine is not liking all that heat.

hey man is your car runnin any better with the new plugs in ?

please put a fan behind that intercooler at the least. with a ported blower and 10% OD w/ stock IC system, your engine is not liking all that heat.

i got the ircm mod done #14 wire snipped it runs pretty cool on stock gauge about 1/4 of gauge or a bit more and with a/c on about 1/2 gauge at max..

and yes it runs great with new plugs.. thanks for asking;) ;) :D

and i plan to do a front mount soon so i figured why buy an ic fan that im gonna have to try to sell later on... but thanks for the suggestion;)

Last edited:
buy the fan anyway and throw it on your front mount. i did and it works great. i'll post some pics of mine up for u when i get off work.

u need something to lower your intake temps....

buy the fan anyway and throw it on your front mount. i did and it works great. i'll post some pics of mine up for u when i get off work.

u need something to lower your intake temps....

i know thats one reason why im making this to help....... :rolleyes: and im gonna get a bigger fan for the front mount.. so i wont really want it..

lol what time you get off work????

how big a fan are we talkin here ? a radiator fan ? the best one i've seen is like 8 or 10 inches and blows 2100cfm. thats ALOT of air !

i leave in about 15 mins. im military, our weekends are never guaranteed off :)

how big a fan are we talkin here ? a radiator fan ? the best one i've seen is like 8 or 10 inches and blows 2100cfm. thats ALOT of air !

i leave in about 15 mins. im military, our weekends are never guaranteed off :)

i know how that is mines pretty much the same but not military...;)

and fan wise i really dont know but the size of a rad fan dont sound bad but i think i was thinking like a 10" pusher if i can find one for a good price.. could i buy this fan and mount it on my condenser of my a/c and have it so it push the air thru the ic..

Last edited:
yea most fans that i know of are reversible. the one i have is. u just have to figure out what wiring makes it a pusher and what makes it a puller.

I have the 14" pusher fan that magnum powers sells. I don't remember the specs on how much air it pushes but I know its over 2000 cfm. It pushes just enough air by itself to flow through the condensor, front mount intercooler, and the radiator. I think this is pretty impressive for just a secondary fan. I think people with a front mount intercooler would have trouble using their a/c without that extra fan. The fans that I have are made by spau and are not reversable. I bet the ones that are reversable do not flow as much air because of how the design on the fins has to be.

im hoping to get this worked on today that is the divider.. i havnt worked on it since i put these pics of :rolleyes: :rolleyes: been busy at work..

Back