code 63 and 98..car idles at 2800+???

f2tmx6

i cant figure out why after removing the iac and cleaning it i'm now getting 63/98 codes???accomp. by a 2800k+idle? now i'm sure the iac is toast..but why am i getting tps/ codes and no iac????

Last edited:
what makes you so sure that its the IAC? if your getting codes for TPS/MAF you might wanna check those out, lol. (not meaning to sound like an ~~~ btw...)

well the iac was "honking" at me prior to its removal and cleaning...also prior the car ran fine,no codes. after only removing the iac it now idles really high with or without the iac plugged it it idles that way. so just to test if too much air was getting through i made a new gasket,this time w/a smaller inlet hole for the iac...and that made it idle back at a normal rpm..but still codes,and wont idle when its cold...so that points me to the iac...but i'm stumped as to why i'm getting those two codes,and no iac code???

Idle issues...

As a rule, you cannot clean the plastic interior of the IAC. It truly is a fragile flower. I would replace the IAC without doing anything else. I think you'll find the problem will be corrected. For years, Ford has indicated there is NO cleaning process for IAC devices. Hope this helps.

yeah. i have one on order,should[crosses fingers] be here monday.
i've cleaned them on all my other fords..contour svt,SHO,probe,taurus,ranger..etc. the one for the SC however was different with the plastic pieces inside the iac.

SIDE NOTE: checked the codes again. and w/the "bandaid" to keep the idle down i'm no longer getting the maf code..just 63 and 98.

Back