Extra Plastic Part

fixmysc

Hi Folks:
I'm in the process of installing a rebuilt engine in to my 95 SC.
I bolted the auto transmission to the block today and after I finished, I found a soft, rubber-like, flap that I believe goes at the bottom of the flex-plate(?) between the engine and trans. Can anyone tell me what this is, and do I have to remove the trans to install this flap-like piece?
Thanks for your help, I'm a complete novice, but have done everything by following the posts here. I'm almost there, It's great!

not sure on a 95 auto, but my 89 5speed.. The rubber like flap is under radiator. one end is attached to the nose and the other is attached the stabilizer bar.. hope this helps other wise not sure what yours is.

A pic would be helpful, but it sounds like the piece that covers the access hole in the bottom of the spacer between the engine and the transmission where you would tighten or loosen the flexplate nuts. It should just slide in and have some clips attached to it to hold it in.

Last edited:
If its oval shaped and has 1 clip, its the cover for the access hole. You just place it up and push the clip in ths small hole at the bottom. It won't fit flush, but its correct.

I agree, it sounds like the torque converter access flap thingy... It's supposed to keep dirt and rocks from getting bounced up in there.

On a side note.... My tranny hasn't had the TC flap for about a year, don't know where it went, but does anybody know where I can find another one? (seems like it might actually be a good idea to have it on there...)

Back