Wide range O2 sensors

Stupid Canuck

Was recommended by a friend for getting into mods because supercharged engines can self-destruct easily. Essentially, they can either replace (pre-OBD2) or be added on to the exhaust and monitors the air/fuel ratio.

There are a few out there such as FAST, Innovate, PLX Devices, and Daytona that cost between $200 and $400. Was just wondering if anybody is using these.

I'm using the LM1 system from http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php.

You really don't want to run a wide band all the time, as they are much more sensitive to wearing out. Get a bung welded into the exhaust and use a plug other than when tuning. Get the sensor before you do the bung though as the sensor will dictate where the bung goes. (clearance)

The sensor that is provided with the LM-2 is used in OEM Volkswagan applications so I think it's plenty reliable for permanent installation.

I just ordered the Innovative LC-1 setup. I'll be tuning with that as soon as the engine goes back into the XR7.

-Rod

Thanks for the replies

I'm thinking more toward the FAST unit with dual sensors and data logging. I just wish the 'birds came with OBD2 so I could tune from the seat.

I think the durabilty has to do with the built-in heaters. If so, just unplugging them would make them last longer.

Durability is related to the deposit of combustion materials on the sensor. over time the deposits build up an eventually cause the sensor to be unable to effectively measure any longer.

Back