adjusting bypas solenoid

backtobirds

Got the SC engine back together, and it seems a little reluctant to make boost. It makes about 20 inches of vacuum and doesn't have any apparent vac/boost leaks. What I am wondering is how to adjust the bypass actuator. Don't know if it is the problem, but something I would like to get right anyway.

boost soleniod

What year is your car to start with? Only the 89's have a supercharger bypass solenoid. It is located on the drivers side by the firewall near the clutch master cylinder if it's a 5 speed. It has 2 vacuum lines and an electrical plug on the one side too. If yours is cracked or rusty it is most likely bad.

It' a 90. Not the body mounted solenoid, but the actuator on the inlet plenum that controls the air being directed to the return plenum (and skipping the blower) when under vacuum. It has a set screw on the actuator bracket.

valve

ok now that we are talking about the same thing, my only suggestion is to get 2 nuts that will fit the stud and put them side by side so the 1 nut won't turn off by itsself (like a jam nut) if you have enough room.

I didn't have any problems turning the screw or setting it, I just can't find the factory procedure on where exactly it needs to be set.

Back