sc vs stang

wesley89sc

has anyone seen a mostly stock sc and a mostly stock 5.0 fox body race and what was the results. because i know alot of the stats you get off the internet are bogus because they say an sc stock runs 15.4, and ive seen stock ones run up to 14.9 with a 5 speed. so i was wondering what the real world comparison is thank you for any answers

I guess it just depends....If it's like a 88 or older GT, It owuld probably be a close race with winner depending on driver.

I raced an 88 GT 5-speed with 3.73 gears, H-pipe, and Flowmasters back when all i had was 3.73 gears, K&N anda shift kit. We were dead even from 0 to 85...where we let off.

It's really a matter of driver in those situations.

As they get newer, the gap seems to open and slowly widen...from my past fox experience.

i won! :O)

ive got a 90 auto SC. i raced an 88gt 5spd and had a car length on him when i hit 90, then i slowed down. he was so pissed hehehehe :O) we were both stock

Stock vs. Stock? depends...

I've raced a good number of foxes anywhere from 83-93, 5-speeds and autos. I can say for myself that I haven't lost yet, but the ones I've won have been within a car length or two, and a few have been dead even. It all depends on the skill of the driver. I've talked to some of my kills, and they were shocked cause they creamed some other SC they've met. Now...throw on a free flowing exhaust that should have been there in the first place with a 10% overdrive pulley, and you will surely beat em' up. Of course, you've now entered the aftermarket zone....

My friend has an 88 GT. He has an h-pipe w/ no cats, and flowmasters, A/C delete, underdrive pulley's, CAI, MSD coil. He just ran a 14.31 at 98MPH last night. With that trap speed, he should be running a 14 flat. The car is pretty quick, with just a few bolt-on's

WELL WHAT ABOUT A STOCK 5SPEED AGAINST STOCK 5SPEED

STOCK 5 ON STOCK 5 89 AND UP FOX BODY IF NOT STOVK THEN THE SAME MODS

My friend had a 90 5.0L.When my 95 SC was stock we had a go at it. Getting off the ramp my car was in front and I hammered it, he cound not catch me and he was about a car lenght behind. Decided to do it again only his car in front this time .....now I could not catch him and I was the same distance behind.

So I would say that we were about even.

what about stang

what did the stang have im sorry but trying to make sure we are comparing the same thing if it was a five speed then a sc 5 speed would walk off on it if it was an automatic then no telling with two 5 speeds

YES...

I thought I said that already....I have a 5-speed, and I have raced several 5-speed 5.0's...LX, GT, even a Cobra once. I have beaten a few, and have went neck and neck with others. It really depends on a lot of varibles...the driver, traction, if the clutch is slipping, how many miles the car has, etc....though I have to say I haven't lost to a stang yet.

raced my bro yesterday as probably seen

'90 SC aod w/K&N and shift kit
vs
'91 gt conv't full custom exhaust (including x-pipe i bought him for xmas)

he had a lotta squealin off hte line and still he was in front of me in no time....i didn't have much squealin or tire spinning i don't think....and yeah...he won easily! we went up to about 120km/h then had to stop for hte next light.

back last year when i was stock i raced a 93 fox body and he ******* smoked me......latter i found out that it was a cobra with all the badges replaved with GT with custom exhaust and intake

todd

Stock 90 rspd SC

I raced my best friends 91GT AUTO at a Crop Duster airstrip in CA where we were stationed...It was our little proving grounds...Anyway I whipped his ass everytime....I am talkin half a car length, it did not matter what he did the SC took it from the line to the finish...However he was reelin' me in toward the last 50 or so feet...We were both modding our cars back in 93, he pretty much had the advantage of aftermarket..I got my pulley and panel K&N and still beat him even when he modded his cars EXH, MAF,TB,Tranny...He is putting a BB stroker in it now..so he is leaving my league behind..LOL

He hated the fact that the T-Bird whipped his steed....

Cheers

I had an 87xr7 that I transplanted a complete 90 automatic GT engine and tranny into..Stock with just exhaust and a K&N it ran a 14.4..And that was with a 2.3 short time..No spin actually ALmost a bog off the line..I figured my car had to weight at least as much as a convertable GT..I guess it al comes down to how good is that stang running

Back