Adjustable FPR

THE BIRDMAN

Got a couple of quick questions.I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator first off what psi should I set it at?Also can I set it with the engine off and just the key in the run position.I'm wondering because I know we have a return style fuel system so does it matter if the car is running or not when you set the pressure?Thanks

Jay

What brand of FPR? On my old SX regulator on my Talon, you had to disconnect the vac line to set it while the car was running.

Call bill. He'll tell you what to do.

Generally you take the vacuum line off and use a gauge on the rail to set pressure to 39psi with the engine running. Then hook the hose up and bump the throttle. you should see the pressure go up 1 psi for every psi of boost pressure.

Call bill. He'll tell you what to do.

Generally you take the vacuum line off and use a gauge on the rail to set pressure to 39psi with the engine running. Then hook the hose up and bump the throttle. you should see the pressure go up 1 psi for every psi of boost pressure.

Yeah I'll have to get ahold of Bill.I just figured someone on here had the answer.

Jay

I set mine with the motor off and key on. Requires grounding the terminal shown on this diagram of the EEC test port to keep the fuel pump running. Note: requires a fully charged battery.

fuel%20pump%20test.gif

Factory settings are 38 to 40 psi...aftermarket injectors are rated at 43.5 psi. I've ran both pressures and used tuning (with SCT chip) to dial in the correct A/F. If it were my car I would set the pressure to 43.5 psi.

David

I set mine with the motor off and key on. Requires grounding the terminal shown on this diagram of the EEC test port to keep the fuel pump running. Note: requires a fully charged battery.

fuel%20pump%20test.gif

Factory settings are 38 to 40 psi...aftermarket injectors are rated at 43.5 psi. I've ran both pressures and used tuning (with SCT chip) to dial in the correct A/F. If it were my car I would set the pressure to 43.5 psi.

David

David thanks for the info where is that test port located?

Jay

Yes, but with all the discussion in other threads I'm wondering if I should be running 50# injectors. What color are the 50's?

Back