Fuses under the hood - 1992 SC

Darth

There are 3 large fuses in the box under the hood. A mechanic trying to find my ABS problem said one of them was blown (the last to the left facing the engine) and broke it trying to get it out. He said it did have something to do with the ABS but he jumpered across it and it didn't put my light out.

I don't have the lid for this box, so I don't know what any of them are for. What kind of fuses are these and where can I buy one. Also, how do you get them out? They don't want to just pull out. I can partially pull out the whole section but that doesn't release the individual fuses.

I don't have the fuse layout available right now, but in order to remove/replace the "high voltage" fuses, you have to remove the small bolt/screw that secures the fuse in the block. These fuses have a hole in one of the connector blades that the retaining bolt passes through. Look on the side of the main fuse box and you'll find the bolt(s). You will probably need to remove the main fuse box from the mounting bracket to get access to the retaining bolts. I think there may also be a "low voltage" fuse for the ABS in the panel under the dash...

Can these be purchased at a regular auto parts store? These 3 don't appear to be the same as the other "Maxi fuses".

They should be available in the electrical section of most parts stores, you might even find them in the autoparts section of your local "big-box" (walmart). I think they have the locking hole on the blade to prevent you from pulling them out by mistake (without disconnecting the battery) and getting zapped. If the fuse is blown, I'm surprised you had brakes at all...

They should be available in the electrical section of most parts stores, you might even find them in the autoparts section of your local "big-box" (walmart). I think they have the locking hole on the blade to prevent you from pulling them out by mistake (without disconnecting the battery) and getting zapped. If the fuse is blown, I'm surprised you had brakes at all...

well you cant get zapped from 12volts and brakes is brakes it dont take a fuse to push fluid thru the lines... :D :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

Back