drivers window

89tird

when i got my car it came with the drivers window down , i charged the battery and the window went up fast and smooth , now it doesnt go down. if push the switch down nothing happens no click or anything , if i push it up the window tries to move up but moves outward, i took off the door panel and found this
Image006.jpg
[/IMG]

i installed it back under window to push it towards inside of the car like this
Image007.jpg
[/IMG]

but still not going down , checked switches good volts up and down position, what could it be ?

when i got my car it came with the drivers window down , i charged the battery and the window went up fast and smooth , now it doesnt go down. if push the switch down nothing happens no click or anything , if i push it up the window tries to move up but moves outward, i took off the door panel and found this
Image006.jpg
[/IMG]

i installed it back under window to push it towards inside of the car like this
Image007.jpg
[/IMG]

but still not going down , checked switches good volts up and down position, what could it be ?

jam'd track or motor is going bad(witch i doute) or the wiring at the window motor is messed up do you know for sure if the window motor is getting power for the down try to unplug the wiring and test it there to make sure its getting power then after that if it has power then its the motor if it dont have power then somthing is open(cut wire,melted anything really);) ;)

lol .. i unplugged all connectors and they all read like 11.5v , the track looks preety rusty and dried out so might need some lubing but i would still think it would go down with the weight of the window

lol .. i unplugged all connectors and they all read like 11.5v , the track looks preety rusty and dried out so might need some lubing but i would still think it would go down with the weight of the window

if the motor is hooked it wont move even if its not froze..

Hit the motor with something while pressing the button down. Sometimes the brushes freeze on the motors and they'll move if you hit them while applying power. You can unbolt the motor and take it out to check it with power, up or down. See if the gears inside are broken or anything else.

- Dan

Hit the motor with something while pressing the button down. Sometimes the brushes freeze on the motors and they'll move if you hit them while applying power. You can unbolt the motor and take it out to check it with power, up or down. See if the gears inside are broken or anything else.

- Dan

ok just tried that but nothing , im going to take it out tomorrow to test it

Back