just wanna know fan related

92sclikenew

i clipped my low speed fan #14 wire on the ircm a few months back just to keep the car cool for the 10% added.. (works well) now that i got my a/c charged and i use it im wondering with that wire snipped will the high speed fan still come on and turn low speed off so that they are not fighting against them selfs.

Yup, they'll end up fighting each other so you won't get full high speed, and burn the windings out right quick.

If you want to go further with the risky endevour there is diagrams out there on how to jumper wires around so that doesn't happen, but I beleive the idea is to keep things under manual control, which I would NEVER do to my car.

To each their own I guess.

Yup, they'll end up fighting each other so you won't get full high speed, and burn the windings out right quick.

If you want to go further with the risky endevour there is diagrams out there on how to jumper wires around so that doesn't happen, but I beleive the idea is to keep things under manual control, which I would NEVER do to my car.

To each their own I guess.

so you think its a good idea to hook i back up its not like its gonna be that hard

with the wire cut it should never get hot enough to turn on the high speed fan, but you could always run a switch inside that car so that you can let it work with the ircm or manually control it from inside the car, it is really easy to hook up the swith

with the wire cut it should never get hot enough to turn on the high speed fan, but you could always run a switch inside that car so that you can let it work with the ircm or manually control it from inside the car, it is really easy to hook up the swith

switch would be easy but im taking with the a/c on because with the a/c on the high speed fan is on all the time... :eek: :eek: ;) :D :p

Actually with the a/c on, the low speed is on, not the high speed so you would be alright with your settings now. I would be more concerned about getting hot enough to come out of startup fuel strategy which normally occurs around 180.

I would be uncomfortable using a switch to control the fan, because there would be a day you would be distracted with something and completly forget about the fan and you have an overheat, and that has happened to some.

The prob is, the normal fan on settings in the EEC are too high at 220 and 228. If you can, get your self a used EEC Tuner that someone isn't using anymore and hook it up. That way you can hook everything back up the way its suppose to be, and change your fan on/off temps to match up better. You could even get yourself a 180 tstat and set up the fan for that. You can then have someone help you out tuning your car a bit better to match the work you have been doing to it.

Actually with the a/c on, the low speed is on, not the high speed so you would be alright with your settings now. I would be more concerned about getting hot enough to come out of startup fuel strategy which normally occurs around 180.

I would be uncomfortable using a switch to control the fan, because there would be a day you would be distracted with something and completly forget about the fan and you have an overheat, and that has happened to some.

The prob is, the normal fan on settings in the EEC are too high at 220 and 228. If you can, get your self a used EEC Tuner that someone isn't using anymore and hook it up. That way you can hook everything back up the way its suppose to be, and change your fan on/off temps to match up better. You could even get yourself a 180 tstat and set up the fan for that. You can then have someone help you out tuning your car a bit better to match the work you have been doing to it.

yes i know i got another car getting a motor put in it my 97 taurus sho :( ...

and once i get it running , im gonna put the sc down for a bit and do a front mount ic and maybe somthing else b4 winter..

also wanted to add i hooked the wire back up and with a/c off no fan with a/c on high speed with a/c off wire unhooked low speed... and i can tell because high speed blows like 3x harder..

and were would be my best bet to find one here in the wanted?????
If you can, get your self a used EEC Tuner that someone isn't using anymore and hook it up.

Last edited:
I know on my '90 when the a/c is on the low speed comes on.... maybe they changed that in the later models but why I don't know, cause that would put ALOT of strain on the alternator to keep up with the high speed and the a/c system as well.

Post in the wanted and monitor the for sale sections. Especially around the times when Dave Dalke is doing a tuning session somewhere ;). Folks generally drop the EEC tuner for the SCT chip and want to sell the tuner.

You may get lucky and find one for a good price.

I know on my '90 when the a/c is on the low speed comes on.... maybe they changed that in the later models but why I don't know, cause that would put ALOT of strain on the alternator to keep up with the high speed and the a/c system as well.

Post in the wanted and monitor the for sale sections. Especially around the times when Dave Dalke is doing a tuning session somewhere ;). Folks generally drop the EEC tuner for the SCT chip and want to sell the tuner.

You may get lucky and find one for a good price.

so will i need the sct chip also cuz im kind of new with this part..

Back