1990 power windows

1bad67cat

Both of my windows have came out of the plastic clips that are supposed to hold them. I've tried glueing them in, but that just seems to be a temporary fix. What should I do to remedy this situation? Thank you.

There's an easy solution. Structural Adhesive by 3m, kit #08101.
I've used it and I always keep a kit hanging around. Three years ago I fixed my driver's side window and it's been attached to the clips ever since.

levineauto_1951_3772394

now, where do i find that? Home Depot? Thx for the reply. This just bugs me. I've used Gorilla Glue, and it works for awhile.

GTS's have metal clips.. man who knew? I'll run right down to my GM dealer and verify that asap.

SORRY THE NEWER GTP's not GTS........THE GTP's have metal clips just have the parts person show you what they look like on the screen before you order, also the clips are almost 2.5 inches long (way better than the SC clips)

Or you could just get a complete window from the junk yard.....:rolleyes:

From what I have seen, 93 and up LX windows have the metal clips and they are a direct replacement.....:cool:

I used the standard adhesive for the window clips, but I drilled 3 holes right through the clips (NOT THE GLASS). That was 2 years ago, and they are still hanging on.

I've used the flowable silicone windshield sealer on mine with excellent results. I smear some on the glass and put a bead of it inside the clip, seat them together and let it sit with the window all the way up for 24 hrs. Anything that sets up hard will eventually crack.

Try It, You'll Like It

I'm telling ya this Structural Adhesive by 3m, kit #08101 is great stuff. I'll never use anything else to glue the clips back on the windows.

Back