Wanted: B-Pillar Door Latch

jonroe

The door latch piece mounted on the B-pillar (driver's side) has a loosely fit plastic cylinder thingy that surrounds the main metal piece and appears to protect that metal for door closings. This is engaged by the latch mechanism in the door when the door is closed. That plastic thingy is partially cracked and broken off and the door makes a very clinky noise when shutting. I'm afraid more of the plastic will break off and I will have trouble closing the door. I have the same problem on the passenger side but it is not as bad. Does anyone have a door latch piece to mount on the B-pillar that has the plastic surround in good shape? Thanks.

Jon

Check your local parts house Auto Zone has them in the Help section its called door striker. If the plastic goes then the door will rattle.

I have a few that are in pretty good condition.....

If you get one from the parts store, get the entire latch and bolt combo.....

The plastic replacement cylinder kit won't fit......:mad:

I can check Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts and see if they have the new unit. I did check both web sites yesterday - did not find it there.

Last edited:
Nothing found at Auto Zone or Advanced Auto. Do I have to go to the dealer? The strike looks exactly the same as that used on my 04 Marauder. Must have used it on a lot of cars.

The Autozone store I worked for here in Florida had them 3 weeks ago on the shelf I know I put them there dont know the price. The last ones I bought from Ford were around $10.00 each which is worth it to have doors you dont have to slam or that rattle.

Back