SC stalls when put in gear?

94SCBlack

Hi everyone I'm fairly new in the club, I have a 94 SC with automatic tranny.
When she is cold, shes fine. But once at operating temperature, she stalls going from park to reverse or from park to drive, after the gear in engaged, she begins to stall. Sometimes shell just begin to stall and then all of the sudden return to normal, other times shell stall out. I'm thinking Vaccuum leak, but I'm not to familiar with these cars. At the idle the boost gauge sits just below 20 vaccuum, probably like 19. This seems a little high, but I could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Lucas

My 93 has been doing the same thing for 2 years, still havent figured it out. Hopefully someone can shine some light on this for us.

Your IAC could be old and tired so it doesn't respond as fast to load changes such as putting it into gear or not.

Might want to check if there's away to test it.

your reading your vac/boost gauge wrong. 19 is a good number for it to be idling at..if it gets real low,say 15 or lower its sign of a few possibilities..such as a vac leak,or a tired/worn out engine.. i'd try the idle valve first. if you do a search in the tech forum i posted the gp sorenson part number if your going to buy one from advanced auto parts.

Are the 5.0 Iac's and the SC Iac's interchangable. When I put my SC in gear it feels like it wants to stall and makes a whining sound then idles up at bit but not like it should. At idle in park it is fine (750 rpm) put it in gear and it whins then comes to life at around 450-500. Also have a 93 5.0 cougar, was just wondering if Iac's could be swapped. Any info is greatly appreciated.

That I have no idea on, but my car is doing the same thing for awhile now so I threw another IAC on from a doner SC and it was better. I'm going to order a new one up soon.

Also the shakes quit bad in gear. Thought maybe motor mounts but when someone is in the car in gear and power brakes it the motor does not really move at all. (new--Taylor wires, split fire plugs, Cam Sensor, ECT sensor, Intercooler gaskets, CAI, Tryed 3 different DIS's. I'm just kind of confused. Can any of you veteran SC'ers help a youngin out. Could cutting the #14 wire to keep the low speed fan on all the time cause this due to the extra load on the engine. Also new battery and Pos. battery cable.

Was going to order new Iac but kind of pricey. Cheapest found was at Rockauto.com. Also just cleaned throttle body and maf wire. Havent started it yet, hopefully maybe alittle bit better. What year is your SC turner.

i'm selling one that i just bought two days ago..has about 40 miles on it. i bought it,put it on,and bought a used 70mm tb that already has a new iac and tps...hit me up if you want it. i'll send the reciept to for the warranty..i think its like a year.
i was just out in cuse and rochester two weeks ago..were abouts are you?

How much are you asking, whens the next time your going to be close by, I could meet you somewhere. What brand is it.

Alright so im lookin at getting a new IAC first, I had to do this to my 5.0 Coug too, but that thing was ALOT worse than this, she wouldnt idle right at all! But if this solves the problem, I owe ya a beer, cuz its been driving me nuts!

Lucas

Back