Head Studs & Long Tubes

JimmyMan13

I bought a set of the "old style" head studs off ebay, and just ordered long tubs from scp. does anyone have experience with this combo? i would like to get the motor in the car as it will be a week or so before i get the headers. My question is will the flange on the header clear the tall suds on the bottom?

that would be a big NO

I bought a set of the "old style" head studs off ebay, and just ordered long tubs from scp. does anyone have experience with this combo? i would like to get the motor in the car as it will be a week or so before i get the headers. My question is will the flange on the header clear the tall suds on the bottom?

You will have to trim the studs down to the size of the nuts to get the headers on. Sorry, but better you find out now then when you are tring to get it together...break out the grinder and get to work.....Rich

I bought head studs last year from scp. Mine were perfect length, no customizing required. Just test fit them and youll know for sure.

I sanded a flat spot on the header bolt washers to clear the head studs. Just spray some wd-40 on the washers so they spin freely on the bolt so you can keep them in the proper position to clear the head studs. Only have to do it to 3 bottom bolts on each side.

The long tubes are easy to put in the car. you should have no problem putting them in with the motor in the car first.

Last edited:
Back