Supercharger grinding

88cat_351w

I installed my eaton m90 to my tbird 2.3 but while reeving it the supercharger is super smooth but while letting off it grinds a little why is this? Also my idle is around 800rpm right now still need to raise it a lil more. It only makes this noise while deceleration for a second only any ideas? thanks lmk

Did you check the SC fluid level in it?? Sounds like it may be in need of a new coupler.. Check eBay for one. They run about 20 bucks I think..

It does look like it has enough oil maybe needs a lil bit more but I dont think enough that would make any diffrence. What coupler are you refering to? Also what can happen if I keep using it like that thanks lmk.

The coupler connects the blower input shaft to the rotor pack....

When the coupler starts to wear out, you will get a sound like marbles in a coffee can.....:rolleyes:

It is a pretty easy repair......

the marbles in a coffee can, would it get louder as the blower gets warmer? because mines doing it bad, i bought a new blower about 2 hours ago for it.. but it also looks like its pushing the oil out of the top of the blower, is that from the coupler as you say?

the marbles in a coffee can, would it get louder as the blower gets warmer? because mines doing it bad, i bought a new blower about 2 hours ago for it.. but it also looks like its pushing the oil out of the top of the blower, is that from the coupler as you say?

Sounds like the bearing are gone because the seals let the oil leak out.

ok so yeah i just put another supercharger on and its doin the same thing. soon as it warms up after about 5 mins of driving it starts makin the noise again. possible both need work in the snout? cuz this one i got has junkyard numbers written on it.... but it was realllllly clean

Yeah...if its grinding, that is USUALLY the problem.

I wanna see pix of that thing too. 2.3 SC. That would be cool.

Chris

not to sound retarded buuuut if it was a engine noise it would be doing it cold or warm right. i just wanna make sure before i tear this thing apart again. i hate workin on these lol. but im like lost after puttin a new one on and its practically identical..

Back