name this connector

89tird

was cleaning the iac and noticed this connector came loose , it has two wires and some white residue around it , it looks like it came out of the hole pictured but not sure , what is it ?? and purpose ??
Image009.jpg
[/IMG]

ya im going to get a new one , anyways i just bought a fan, installed it and still doesnt work so this might have been bad too.

ya im going to get a new one , anyways i just bought a fan, installed it and still doesnt work so this might have been bad too.

well on my 92 if you unplug it the low speed fan will stay running and you will get check engine light on..

do you unplug it when the car is running or when the car is off and then start the car ?? i havent tried to start it after the sensor broke

do you unplug it when the car is running or when the car is off and then start the car ?? i havent tried to start it after the sensor broke

i do it with it on/off it dont really matter, but get the broken sensor out of the plug and then the fan should come on... ;) ;) :D

you might also make sure no coolant can get out of the whole were the sensor came off at

ya i got the car like that looks like the previous owner broke the cover or lost it , i went to a junkyard but couldnt find it im going back today to get a couple of things ..

do you guys know if n/a birds have the same ect sensor ?

ya i got the car like that looks like the previous owner broke the cover or lost it , i went to a junkyard but couldnt find it im going back today to get a couple of things ..

do you guys know if n/a birds have the same ect sensor ?

i think it does i know they are in the same loction:rolleyes: ;)

ok just got back from junkyard , took rad fan i had bought got $30 junkyard credit :D, they had some preety clean birds this time no rust !! low miles , saw a couple of ect sensors but didnt look the same , got me a drivers window switch, pass side switch pad , couple of relays , window motor plastic pieces , two tv cable copper bushings , a radiator cap all for free :cool: and still got $15 left ..

i changed the plastic pieces inside my pass window motor because it was goin a lil slow , now both windows work fast and smooth ..

im going to buy the ect sensor from autzone and a 1" socket since i aint got one .

ok started the car drove it to autozone , the fan was on all the time like 92sclikenew said but with the fan on all the time the car wants to die at the light and buckles once i step on it works good , with the fan off it does preety good at the light , my rpm in drive at the light is almost 500 i think its too low and in park idling is like 600 anyway i could raise the rpm ?

now atleast i dont get anymore bubbles in the overflow with the new rad cap

i do it with it on/off it dont really matter, but get the broken sensor out of the plug and then the fan should come on... ;) ;) :D

you might also make sure no coolant can get out of the whole were the sensor came off at

just tried removing the old sensor , car still a lil hot and heard coolant coming , some came out is this normal ?

Your replacing the coolant temp sensor - this is normal for coolant to come out, for obvious reasons.

Also the sensor tells the fan when to come on...when the sensor is unplugged (or broken) the car goes into a limp mode and engages the fan to run all the time for the car is unaware of its temp.

Also if you have bubbles in your coolant you have bigger problems then just a radiator cap. Usually this is a sign of a blown head gasket on these cars.

-Tim

ya im tired of guessing what the problem is ,this was my last drive im going to tear it up and do the hg

Back