injectors and mafs

cachethunder

hi everyone. I purchase a set of 42 lb lucas injectors. and purchase a pro-m 75mm , but is calibrated for 42 injectors, i dont read its for a 302 supercharged. I try to install , with the stock injectors and the check engine light turn on. I read in a forum the t-bird doesnt work with 42 config.V8 mafs I dont install the inyectors yet, but is a loose of time? or is posible the mafs works fine? PLEASE HELP ME!!! i need a new one? What configuration is ok? HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :confused: my car is a 93 t-bird sc

You can't run a MAF set up for larger injectors unless you actually install the injectors. That's your first problem.

The second problem is that you need a different MAF to run those injectors. Sell the MAF and get the right one.

You can't run a MAF set up for larger injectors unless you actually install the injectors. That's your first problem.

The second problem is that you need a different MAF to run those injectors. Sell the MAF and get the right one.

Thanks Dave, and what is the right calibration of Pro-M to run in my SC?

The correct calibration depends on what injectors you are running. Stock injectors is Cobra24 and 42's is Cobra34

The correct calibration depends on what injectors you are running. Stock injectors is Cobra24 and 42's is Cobra34

ok thanks, but if i cant find the pro-m, just buy a c&l 76mm and a sample tube for 42?? is posible a 80mm with the same 42 sample tube? which better?

For 42lb injectors the biggest MAF you need is 75/76MM. A C&L will work fine if you can't find a Pro M. I have new ones if you don't find one used. Email me if interested.

Dave,
I have two C&L 80 mm for two cars both running late rectangular, all bolt ons, etc. Neither have electronics so I am assuming that the stock is retained.

Both will run 42's for now so what is correct tube color purple?

I also have a 76 MM Pro-M but it is calibrated for 36's and came with electronics.

Back