PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Meetups in SA

Danzajax
06-22-2007, 10:07 AM
So, I heard from some grizzled auto guy at the local parts store that there is a weekly get together of classic cars. I forget exactly where he said it was, but somewhere behind some BBQ(yes i know its Texas and saying BBQ qualifies half the city) off of 281 north of 410.

Apparently, its an informal get together with a bunch of custom rides, some classics and other go fast things. The F150 club of SA meets there frequently too.

I was just wondering if anyone knew where it was and felt like showing up some Friday. When I lived in Dearborn, MI, we would have these all over the city and they tended to be a good time. Someone has to know where this meetup is..

-dz

txsc
06-22-2007, 02:54 PM
The only one I know of is at IH-35 North and Topperwein. The parking lot behind the What-A-Burger, in the strip mall. Every Friday evening. Lot's of Mustangs, Corvettes, and other common stuff. Some interesting cars, but it tends to be the same thing every week. So, you could go about once a month or so, and not miss anything.

DanzajaxTX
06-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Thats probably the one. The old guy made it sound alot cooler than it probably is, but then again, maybe I was being distracted by the musty cloud of cigarette smell that followed him around.

ilusnforc
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I know of a few around town, haven't really been to any in a while.
1) Of course like JD said at IH-35N and Topperwein behind Whataburger, pretty good get-together, I think it's pretty much the remains of what used to be a great Friday night get-together at the Forum while a lot of it was still under construction.
2) Just about all I know that remains from Austin Hwy is now at Bun-N-Barrel I think on late Thursday nights
3) Another Friday night hang out, at the Pig Stand on Broadway downtown at 281 & IH-35. Of course there is where you see all the lowriders and what not...

Thats about all I know of anymore, but like I said, haven't been out in a while.