Head Studs Question

cool dude

Hello

Geez, I havnt been here in 3 years:eek: Anyways, I know the Chevy 2.8 Head studs are a perfect match for the SC block and 94-95 Mustang blocks. Will these same head studs work on the 96-98 blocks?

I was told on TCCoA, the 2.8 studs were a perfect match, and so I bought some from somebody. According to V6power.net however, the 2.8 Chevy studs only work perfect on the earlier blocks and that they will not work on the 96-98 3.8 blocks?

Could somebody clear this up for good and let me know, will the Chevy 2.8 head studs work on 96-98 3.8 blocks or not?

Thanks

I have the head studs from Super Coupe Performance and I have no clearance issues like a few here says there is with them.

I have the head studs from Super Coupe Performance and I have no clearance issues like a few here says there is with them.

You're car is a 1990 though with studs made for supercoupes. I have a 96 (non-SC) and I was wandering if the Chevy 2.6 studs would work on the 96-98 3.8's

thanks

I'd ask at v6power.net. I know they changed some things on the heads on the later models, but I thought they went towards the SC head design. So that shouldn't change much. It would just be an issue with thread types in the deck.

do you maybe have head bolts from the motor you can measure

i think the short bolts measured from the bottom of the head is like 3 1/8" long ,and the longer bolt was just short of 4" ,from the bottom of the head

cheers

No, I don't have the head bolts, they're still on the car. Some of the guys at V6 power.net said they won't work on the 96-98 3.8 blocks but they also told me to check here just incase.

Back