PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Fuel Injectors

rickbtbird
06-23-2007, 02:13 PM
After pulling off my fuel rail on the 95, I inspected and replaced the o-rings on my fuel-injectors and I found one with a crack in the nossle. Car has 92k. Should I replace all of them? See attached PIC.

rzimmerl
06-23-2007, 02:24 PM
you can buy replacement nozzles, they should slide on and off.

rickbtbird
06-23-2007, 02:46 PM
you can buy replacement nozzles, they should slide on and off.

The one's I got do not slide on and off, they snap into place. Is there a technique to get the nozzle off without damaging the injector? I just came from Car Quest and they ordered me a set. About 3% the cost of replacing the entire injector. Hope I can do this without messing it up. Wish me luck.

Oh BTW the nozzle is actually called a Pintle Protection Cab (plastic hat).

cbt
07-01-2007, 03:33 PM
when i did mine it cost me 20.00 bucks -pintle caps -the o-rings -and filters ,was real easy -i used a razor ,be careful ,the caps snap in place ,they just push back on
the filters can be removed by using a screw in the end with a pliers and wiggling out -a screw just big enough to grasps the inner edge of the filter

i got these parts from a shop that rebuilds the injectors and the tech guy showed me how to remove and replace on one of the injectors i had with me

cheers

A1cntrler
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I would do none of the above. Send them here: http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorserv1.php4

For less then 20 bucks per injector they will clean and flow test/replace pieces and parts of them. There is a video somewhere on there of before and after. When I pull my injectors off, I'll send them in to get them serviced.

cbt
07-29-2007, 02:08 PM
there very easy to do ,

yes the pintle caps do snap in place ,you just push them back in place

the filter's can be removed by using a wood screw just big enough to grasp inside ( inner) part of the filter and a pair of pliers ,wiggle back an forth while pulling gently ,the filter push's back into the same place

replace the O-Rings while your there

short of a ultra-sonic and flow test their good to go ,for under 20.00 ,unless you have other issue's

i was told by the auto-parts store that they ,the injectors needed to be replaced because of the cracked pintle caps ,

i was'nt ready to lay-out that type of fund-age and went to a fuel injection place that rebuilds injectors and the tech there showed me how it was done

and mine turned out great

cheers