Part Number Listing: Your Feedback Wanted

The only part numbers that are different between U.S. and Canadian sold vehicles is for thngs that are specific to each market ... such as metric vs. imperial speedos, the seat belt parts for 89 - 93 (Canadian vehicles didn't have those god-awful passive belts mandated by U.S. federal regulations) etc., etc. Other than that, the stuff is the same. If I look up a part number for a set of brake pads, a door panel, a windshield, whatever, it doesn't matter if it's for a U.S. or Canuck vehicle.

And this system that Ron is setting up will allow anyone to enter a part number, so the Canadians can enter all of the unique stuff that they want to see on there.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I would like to see a manufacturer listed as well. The parts thus far are Ford, but how about when we start getting into Dayco or Standard.

Otherwise, looks great.

Hello, Ron.

I don't know if you are interested in this but I thought I'd mention it to you. With the help of Fast Ed, I have put together a page of 35th anniversary specific part numbers. As far as I know, most if not all of them are not replaced but they are there for people to see if they want. The link is http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/35thPartNumbers.htm . If not, that's cool too.

Good luck with your efforts.

My best to you.

That could be on parts that are sold in Canada under a Motorcraft sales number rather than the long Ford prefix-basic-suffix style number. But if you look at the Motorcraft part box, it will have both numbers on it.

cheers
Ed N.

Ron, how about separate sections for Ford OE, and aftermarket parts ? That way, the Ford numbers can be entered into the 3 fields, prefix - basic - suffix, and the aftermarket stuff can be sort of a freeform entry, just one field for the manufacturer, and one for the number.

cheers
Ed N.

Really good idea Ron, aftermarket parts should be part of this also... I think this community should come together on this.... We'd see a really unique listing here...

RJ

How about making it where they are sorted by the description, or better yet just make it where you can click any of the headers and it will sort it by that one. Also maybe a search feature. Very good idea though, good resource.

thanks for all the numbers, could you please post the ford # for the 5-speed shifter rebuild kit? thanks in advance

part numbers

this is going to be the best asset to the club site. P/N's are always being asked for.

If its of any concern to anyone, i have the DVD from ford, the "microcat" thing. At the dealership they have a little key that plugs into the back of the computer to make it work, from what i've heard from some unnamed guy at the dealership, there is a way to make it work without it. he said on the net you can find some sort of password or maybe a crack or something. so far i've been unsuccesful. Maybe any comp. or crack gourous can help me. Once i unlock this thing, i should be able to come up with a parts list for every little piece of crap that bolts to the bird. need i say more.

for the time being though. i was hoping to see a parts combo list. like on front page, when someone uses a buch of parts to do something like a brake change over, (to cobra setup) or changes to a diff bolt pattern, it would be nice to be able to look at a complete list of parts and numbers neccesary to complete the change over.

and, i'm sure its been mentioned, but we also need non ford parts listings. Like for the wind flap things under the radiator that are supposed to direct airflow better. those are GM parts. btw i have one of the numbers, i'll post it later.

jim

Good suggestions James ... for the Cobra brake conversion, take a look at Doug Fraleigh's tech article HERE

cheers
Ed N.

parts list

I dont know If this helps but I have a dealer shop manul with all kinds of parts numbers and bolw ups instructions ect. I wuold be willing to send any information that you might find useful . Tim :cool:

I dont know if you are interested but I work at Advance auto parts and if you like I can use their system to find part numbers for for anything we my stock or order through our PDQ (parts deliverd quickly) program. We carry dayco belts and pulleys, ac delco and worldwide alternators and starters and a few other manufacturers for many different parts. I will be honest while finding parts for my car we anly carry really "basic problem parts" for the SC. Some parts that are reccomended ford only parts might be hard to find but I think that Advance can cater to the weekend mechanic who anly tackles easier less technical projects for the SC. Let me know and if possible give me some examples of what part and manufacturer you would like.

I dont know if you are interested but I work at Advance auto parts and if you like I can use their system to find part numbers for for anything we my stock or order through our PDQ (parts deliverd quickly) program. We carry dayco belts and pulleys, ac delco and worldwide alternators and starters and a few other manufacturers for many different parts. I will be honest while finding parts for my car we anly carry really "basic problem parts" for the SC. Some parts that are reccomended ford only parts might be hard to find but I think that Advance can cater to the weekend mechanic who anly tackles easier less technical projects for the SC. Let me know and if possible give me some examples of what part and manufacturer you would like.

Verification

While looking for solid motor mounts I gave the local speed shop the Sealed Power Solid motor mount part number, his computer said that part number was for tranny mounts, 270-2865. Is this correct? who is right?

Many times auto parts stores have the wrong part description. In this case I have not personally verified the numbers, so I cannot say for sure.

Here are the numbers I have saved over the years:

Motor mounts (solid) Sealed Power 89-95 40.00 270-2864
Motor mounts (hydraulic) Sealed Power 89-95 65.00 270-2865

Maybe you can have your parts guy look them up by application and verify the numbers for us.

Don't know why I never noticed this. I've got some p/n's for a couple of interior parts I can add, if that kind of thing is wanted. Can also put up the price paid for future anyone interested down the line?

Back