Subwoofer

BalouSC

Hi, I blew out my factory sub in my wifes 93 SC. I need a new one in great working condition. I would like to buy the whole assembly. I forgot to give you my zip so you could figure shipping, 97013. Please send me pics and prices to BalouSC@Yahoo.com
Thanks, Balou.

Last edited:
Most factory subs are busted by now - it might be easier to "refurbish" one. It seems pretty simple if you want to go that route.

I'm sure there are plenty good ones left - good luck finding one! :)

Hi, I blew out my factory sub in my wifes 93 SC. I need a new one in great working condition. I would like to buy the whole assembly. I forgot to give you my zip so you could figure shipping, 97013. Please send me pics and prices to BalouSC@Yahoo.com
Thanks, Balou.

I would think that just about any replacement 6.5 4 ohm sub would work. Raido Shack use to make a replacment speaker but you have to disasemble the enclosure to replace it. I did it on my 90 back in 2003 and it took about an hour. The bolt on replacement for the JBL sub was part number 400-1033 cost $21.54 with tax but I don't think they are offering that one anymore. If you go down to Radio Shack you might get lucky and get one that hasn't sold out as they are no longer listed on their website.

To replace it:
Unplug the amp wires on both sides and disconnect the cable going to the subwoofer enclosure.
Using a #10 and #13 socket, remove your subwoofer amp and then the enclosure (4 nuts each).
Put the enclosure on a workbench. Remove the enclosure bracket bolts noting which way it went on. It is possible to put it back on backwards.
Remove the enclosure screws and crack the enclosure in half.
Remove the old speaker with a screwdriver totaling 4 screws. When you do you might notice that the old speaker's cone has separated from the foam.
Remove the cushion backing on the speaker’s magnet and install it on the back of the new speaker.
Install the new 400-1033 subwoofer in the enclosure.
Clip the cable harness near the old speaker’s solder points and copper it up to the solder-less connectors and crimp.
Slide the females onto the male ends (I love that part) and squeeze gently.
Reassemble the enclosure and install the bracket.
Temporally attach all electrical connection onto the amp and speaker.
Turn on the radio to insure that the new woofer is booming.
Once verified, disconnect the amp and enclosure wires.
Reinstall it and the amp back into the trunk.
You'll be booming once again.

Hi I think I sent you a PM about the 8" I rebuilt.
You could have this one if you cover shipping and return your unit as is to me in Toronto. I will rebuild it with the 6" for myself - provided your case has the no broken mounting corners etc
Pete

Sub

i have 2 subs from my 90, 93 sc. i know they work but, how well it works since i can't see inside and i just played long enough to see if it plays. its been sitting in my house for a year. make offer.

i just ripped my sc and leftovers are original sub and speakers...they work but the sound is what it was 17 years ago:)

I just put a 8" JL Audio (not JBL) in my box. Hits pretty good, but I have it hooked to an aftermarket amp right now.

You have to hog out some of the box, I used an angle grinder myself...

I had the radio shack unit in mine before that, it was junk... It sounded like crap with the factory amp from the day I installed it.

Back