Vac leak tool

spetz01

Took off the cold air intake right to the throttle body and jammed a 2 liter coke bottle (small end first) and duct taped it. Then I drilled a small hole in the bottom and stuck a nozzel from my compressor in that. Covered the back of the SC and joints for the FMIC with a 50/50 mix of water and sunlight. Set the regulator at about 20 psi and let her rip. Big bubbles instantly at the back of the SC where the Magnum plenum attaches...So a couple hours later and some blue silicone and I'm all good.

thats too funny, i was just thinking today at work that i wanted to take a 20 oz mountain dew bottle and do the same thing...lol.
glad to know it works:D

I gave away boost leak tester from my DSM days a couple of months ago. Now I need to build another one and test away.

Man you still havin issues? I just put mine back together today.

While fixing the motor mount and power steering pressure hose, I went to town on the IC tubes and intercooler.

The upper had the big "dent" by the alternator cut out and welded flat. I ported it to a true 2.5" throughout and polished smooth.

Did the same to the lower with all the small "dents" cut out and welded flat so that the restriction to flow was removed. I then cut half of the thin flat section out and ported the insides out. I added about 1 inch of filler to this section so that it would maintain a true 2.5" diameter through out. After welding and grinding down the welds, the tubes looks factory. I painted a mixture of silver and Ford grey and doesn't look much different from the factory powder.

The IC was also heavily gutted at both the inlet and the outlet. The openings are roughly twice the size in the throat with the insides ported smooth to provide a flatter transition on the way in and out.

Maintains a solid 12 lbs and I left a 30 foot 2 tire burnout. Rest of car is stock so far. Performance does not even compare to when I first got it.

Seems to be just tune issues. I drove it today after work...Not to heavy on the throttle though..I seem to ave gotten rid of the pulsing under acceleration, must have been that massive leak on the back of the SC.

Did have the same issue though with stalling and backfiring. real good place to..pulling into the parking lot of AFI Performance, the guy I want to use to tune it here, and she dies right in front of his shop.

I got the chip back from Dave in Ohio, and he put three tunes into it. I had it on #2 at the time...Drove it home on #1 but scared to press the gas. Earliest he can get me in is July 31st!! Gonna phone around and see if I can get it in somewhre else sooner.

Jim,

Not familiar with AFI. Where is it? Who is the owner? Does he dyno tune? What sort of experience etc?

There just off 50 st next to the sherwwod park freeway. Young guys...messy shop,but lots of cool cars. Freedom Ford who wouldn't even look at my car even though I bought a $50,000 truck from them didn't really recommennd them, but Campbell Automotive did. The dude at Freedom recommended a guy in Calgary called Techmotion,he didn't even return my call. AFI has the abilty to read my car and reprogram my chip. At this stage of the game thats all I want.

Back