An S/C success story

Rob m

I just put my motor together. I bought the car with bad heads and the motor torn down. I had never seen a supercoupe motor put together, but I took my time, read the book and took the advice of other SCCoA members and it started, idled, and ran perfect. plenty of boost and vacuum, and I got the timing right the first time. I just need to button up a few more things and it will be done. Maybe I just got lucky but I think that if you take your time these cars aren't as bad as some make them out to be.

I just put my motor together. I bought the car with bad heads and the motor torn down. I had never seen a supercoupe motor put together, but I took my time, read the book and took the advice of other SCCoA members and it started, idled, and ran perfect. plenty of boost and vacuum, and I got the timing right the first time. I just need to button up a few more things and it will be done. Maybe I just got lucky but I think that if you take your time these cars aren't as bad as some make them out to be.

Your right...once you get over the initial fear of screwing something up, it's pretty easy to work on.

David

I can tell you that doing HG on this car is a hella easier then a GM 3.1l on a buick century. Soon to be a beater. FWD V6 sucks to work on.

Hey good to hear. Nobody posts their success stories it seems. Most of the time its the people who get theirs back together and have some sensor problem.

Back