What sensors to replace???

A1cntrler

When I do my engine swap, I realize it will be a good time to replace some of the sensors. I am just curious as to which ones I should absolutely replace, and which once I can reuse. Every sensor seems to be working fine on it right now (donor car has 123k on the odometer, and I know no history of the motor, other then it runs and runs good)

I know I want to put on new O2 sensors (which ones?? Options for long leads and short leads) and the Cam/Crank sensors because of location and problems they seem to cause. Any others that are problem ones that I should replace??

since you have the engine out...knock sensor, might want to do the oil pressure gauge mod and change that sensor. Oh, and EGR transducer while ur at it. U should also do ur heater core hoses just in case and perhaps EGR tube if you have EGR.

I am actually going to be doing the heater core when I swap the dash out with an uncracked one I have, and had planned on doing the hoses as well. Is the EGR Tube available anywhere?? I do have an EGR car and had posted a few weeks back about removing it, but after more research and the arguments posed in the threads on here, I decided to pay the $36 bucks and put on a new EGR valve. The Transducer is easy to get to, so I may use the one I have now and if it poses a problem I'll get one.

I'll have to look into the Oil Pressure gauge mod. I assume this makes the gauge not a dummy(yes there is oil pressure) gauge anymore and converts it to actuall move and reflect actual pressure??

Knock sensor was on my list of stuff to look at.

Took me a while to find the actual EGR tube. I forgot if I got it new or used, but it was hard finding one. I broke mine when I took the engine out of the 89. The gauge mod is exactly as you describe...its actually a functional gauge. Only other thing that comes to mind is checking all the small thin vacuum hoses in the firewall...check them out, make sure none are broken..oh and ur ground straps.

Back