started having a flutter sound from passenger front wheel

kwikcoupe

driving over to work this morning on my 3 hour commute to start my week, my car started getting this wierd flutter kinda squeal sound. I thought it was the brake pads even thought they have never made that sound before. im wondering what it could be. i know my strut radious rod bushing is bad and all the rest of the 110k miles bushings. I kinda wartped the rotors about 1 month ago and have been collecting parts for the big brake upgrade. Or could it be a bearing going out. It makes the same sound at 30 mph as it does at 90 mph same tone same speed. Thanks for the help again. Im still searching myself. Mike

My girlfriends pathfinder makes the exact same noise.

Is like a fleeew fleeew fleeew fleeew when you let off the accelerator?
Hers is a warped manifold and a blown out manifold gasket.

-dz

well it kinda stops when you touch the brakes but can come right back. i thought it was the pads but it doesnt matter if to tap the brakes or stomp on them it keeps coming back. Im kinda looking at the tentioners since I cant make more than 12 psi on my stock 91 sc.

Just to add to a list of speculations. The sound you describe reminds me of the sound I heard on my wifes Durango when the front wheel bearing started going out.

Try jacking up the front of the car and spinning the wheels. See if you notice any noise.

Back