Another bump in the road

CurtisPaulfrey

Well my car is comming together and I forgot to budget for exhaust, I got ported heads. so anyway the shop is going to put the stock exhaust back on untill I can get some exhaust, my questions is, how hard is it to install mid/long tube headers? What parts do I have to take off to do the install? I have a garage so I might be able to get the car up so I can fit under it

Curtis, I installed my headers on pretty much a bare block but I'll list the things I think you will need to remove.

I think you will need to pretty well take quite a few things off the top side of the motor. The headers will go in from the bottom, and you have to unbolt the steering shaft and you can push that thing up pretty far towards the steering wheel(It's kind of like a shock). You will need to at least take the upper intercooler tube off for the left side and unbolt the ac compressor and move it aside to be able to access anything on the right side.

It's a good whole day or whole weekend project depending on how motivated you are.

I like to just remove whatever part is in my way to make it as easy as possible.

Last edited:
Back