upshift light and buzzer?

cj4ebay

If i ever get my car to at least 95, the yellow upshift lights comes on and the buzzer noise that comes on if you dont start your car after leaving the key in the on position for a few seconds. It just stays on as i continue accelerating. what is this a cause of? or is it normal?

This is normal on the AOD cars its just letting you know yor running high rpms in drive and to make you aware of that the alert and buzzer are to make you aware.

-Tim

It's warning you that your revving the engine to high and you need to either shift up or back off it. It will bounce off the rev limiter if you leave that light on for too long.

It's warning you that your revving the engine to high and you need to either shift up or back off it. It will bounce off the rev limiter if you leave that light on for too long.

oh ok. but anyway, dont have the entire overdrive gear so it should shift into that, im sure that 3rd wont take me all the way to 130's revving at a little over 3k rpm's at 95. or will it?

oh ok. but anyway, dont have the entire overdrive gear so it should shift into that, im sure that 3rd wont take me all the way to 130's revving at a little over 3k rpm's at 95. or will it?

Jeez - first off youre asking a lot of a 6 cyl. engine to begin with & I would be concerned about taking an almost 20 year old car up to those speeds anyway unless youre damb sure about your suspension/brakes/tires/etc. Just my 2 cents:eek:

Back