Injector Pintle Caps

rickbtbird

Has anyone ever rebuilt their fuel injectors and replaced the caps.
I ordered replacement Pintle Caps for the injectors for my 95 and I got ones that are light blue with a slightly smaller diameter hole. The ones currently on there are sort of brown/orange ish..
Also, what the best way to pull off the old caps?

I don't think there is an easy way to remove the old pintle caps. The outer rim is old and just tends to break if you start messing with it. I have a '95 also, and ended up replacing the pintle caps and o-rings about 2 years ago when I had the intake manifold off. I had to replace the intake manifold gasket due to a coolant leak in the front valley corner.

I ordered new pintle caps from www.partsamerica.com. Each box contains 1 cap and 2 o-rings, so you have to order six. The part # is 274081. Here is the link. You can order the cheaper Niehoff and it is fine. The new ones are a little hard to get to snap into place. I used a rubber mallet to tap on it.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?MfrPartNumber=274081

You can do a search, and find other info on here. I found the part # on here. I think other people have also gotten them from NAPA.

I can't remember what color the ones I got were, but I know they weren't the same color as the originals. I think the new ones were either light blue or yellow. I have some extras, so will have to go look. The hole diameter was the same though.

Good luck,

David

David

chime in

I just re-built a set last week with the same blue cap out of a napa kit, and wasn't too thrilled about the smaller hole. I got that part number off a thread here by someone who sounded like they rebuild them with this kit regularly... I'm hoping he'll chime in.

I haven't tried them and I likely will not as 50 lb'rs are going back in.
I used a pair of side cutters to grip the top of the old cap and gently pry it off - it took a few trys on each one. make sure you did not dislodge the metal cap under the plastic cap, and if so then re-seat it.

Sorry I don't have any solid info for you.
let us know how your results are.

Cheers
Bob

Back