What parts from the Lincoln Mark VIII fit the SC?

Paul,

What are you looking to swap over? There are many things that will fit into the SC. Now what parts are a "direct swap", and what requires some work...I know that body panels are different. Most everything else can be swapped into the SC. Some requires more work than others, but there is a LOT that can be swapped. For instance, the entire interior can be swapped in (has been done before but requires work). The engine can be swapped (has been done before, but requires work). The IRS is close to being identical (airbags and the LCA's being different).

Someone feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Not sure what year your car is. You can swap over the front brakes (and spindles if your car is pre '93) as the Mark VIII had the larger front discs. If you have a pre '92 car you can swap over the gas tank to give a cleaner exhaust routing. As mentioned the rear aluminum control arms and pumpkin can be swapped , but you need to fab some spring perches and the pumpkin will be an open diff if it is stock.

Those are definitely do-able. They are relatively easy swaps as well. You can actually take the whole spindle out of the Lincoln and do a swap.

What year is the Mark VIII that you are swapping parts out of? Do you have the donor car? Let me know.

-Josh

Back