a couple problems

bigjzx9r

ok when i picked the car up, the car had 0psi at full throttle (new to forced induction...thought the sc was junk). when i put some new fuel in it i started it up and reved again and it went to about 8 or 9psi. then i came home and unloaded it and it wouldnt pull boost again. so i let it set for awile and searched the forums for a similar problem...nothing. i start it again and it pulls 8 or 9psi again:confused: what could this be??

also, where do i start in troubleshooting my brakes, i got a stiff pedal and no brakes. and any other suggestions on what all to check on a car that set for 3 years after a fresh engine rebuild. (person who owned it had it rebuilt but couldnt pay the bill so it just sat there at the auto shop.

thanks for the advice

As for the brakes what light sequence are you getting? are the yellow and red on or one or the other?
Possibly the relay on the pasenger side or the accumulator. A lot of variables to them pia's

S

boost gauge may be bad or there could be a bad connection between the gauge and the fitting under the hood. Are you getting any vacuume reading when under normal driving conditions (not under boost)?

yes the vacum reads about 17 at idle and seems to work fine. sometimes it just stops at o when reving. i can def tell a difference when reving the engine with boost and when its not. therefore i dont think its the gauge. when its reading no boost you can tell it has no power.

im gonna vote one of your hoses is comin lose or the diaphram failed in the bypass.

u can get to the hose for the gauge from behind the cluster and also look at the hose next to the IAT sensor on the return plenum.

you can fix the accumulator and vac line yourself. The accumulator is just below the ABS reservoir. It screws off but the pressure from the accumulator needs to be relieved first. The vac line plugs in at the rear of the plenum on the drivers side and the bypass actuator can be replace relativley easy but check your hose first. Open the hood and with the car running open up the throttle, you should see the bypass valve working. If it isnt engaging it needs to be replaced.

you can fix the accumulator and vac line yourself. The accumulator is just below the ABS reservoir. It screws off but the pressure from the accumulator needs to be relieved first. The vac line plugs in at the rear of the plenum on the drivers side and the bypass actuator can be replace relativley easy but check your hose first. Open the hood and with the car running open up the throttle, you should see the bypass valve working. If it isnt engaging it needs to be replaced.

thanks alot tim, and everyone else also

Back