Ford day Colo

SCgraphics guy

We had our annual get together ford weekend with dyno day & Attended Phil Long Ford Fest at Bandamere Speedway

Attendance was good!
I counted 8 SCs & 1 XR7, as well as
3 LX birds, &
SWB 001
13 MN12 cars!!,
Thats the most I've ever seen at an event in Colo.

As for the dyno
I was glad to help Ron Lauer get his AF straightened out on the dyno, Hope its running good
I give him the award for best looking engine.
We know David Rowe needs a new maf sensor now. I was impressed that the lowest dyno # we saw was 280 RWHP

Track day:
This is High Elevation racing with Actual altitude of nearly 6000ft,
where a bone stock 07 Mustang GT runs mid 15s on street tires.
We had a 06 Shelby GT500 attend both events & ran 14.1 on street tires, & dynoed 460 rwhp on the dyno
For corrected sea level Et you can figure these times about a full second faster at minimum! In a sea of Mustangs running from 17s to 9s
We had 5 SCs on the track, none slower than 14.90s
Every SC made it to the second round of eliminations.

Jeramie Schaw (92 bird) made it to the 3rd round but hung it up due to wheel bearing concerns. Jeramie finally got his car in the 13s ...Don't take that as a small feat with temps in the 90's & a corrected alt nearly 9,000ft.
That car is good for 12s at sea level easy.

David Rowe managed to stay in until the 4th round & would have kept going but missed his call to the lanes.

I managed to go to semi-finals in Pro Ford, before I slept at the tree.
I took home a trophy & $75
It was fun representing the SC on the track & actually going to the 5th round at an all ford event.
My AR car dynoed 3 consistant 400hp & 460tq pulls & only managed a best of 13.022 @107.3 on MT street radials, witha best 60' of 1.92

Glen got some good photos of the cars at the dyno.
Did anyone else get any photos or video. If so, lets see it here.

Todd,

It sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have attended.

David

It was fun, It would be nice to have a larger SC event out west, but nobody wants to have their cars go slower than ever.
Bandamere is a real nice track & very scenic on the side of a mountain with staging lanes on a real nice slope, allowing you to coast with engine off to the tree.
The big boys, NHRA Nats will be running there next weekend.
I'll be there to see how many of them can run over 300mph, (not easy at 6000ft). You see a bunch of runs just under 280-290 but rarely above 300
They run more OD here than anywhere else in the country,..throwing blower belts off all over the place!!

Even a 14 sec SC is fast at this altitude. there was a V8 bird not in our group who was running mid 17s. David Rowes car is the real acomplishment in the last year. He's at a full sec faster with a min investment in the last year.

I ran Micheles detuned 5 spd car (w/ stock 2.73s) in the street class & managed a 14.86@94.
Last year at Julesburg which is still 3500' and it ran a best of 14.20 @ 101mph. the car made 285/355 on the dyno.

Back