Project "Seniors Gone Wild" Update

392Bird

Well I can see the light at the end of the tunnel at last. Been working on this for about 5 years now, and going into the last major mod.

Today I completed the Roll Bars, Door Bars, and Sub Frame Connectors. The carpet and seats go back in this afternoon,

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/rollbar.htm

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/doorbars.htm

I will take a short break/play time over the weekend, then the Vortech install starts.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/supercharger.htm

The only thing after this will be a fresh paint job this coming Winter.

Bruce

Last edited:
I though you were going to turbo that bad boy...Oh welll....I need to make a road trip to AR for some fun...

On a differnt note, the spacer from your crank pully to the balancer. What brand is that and what is the part number? I need one and dont have any idea who to contact about getting one. I can almost read the PN in the pix, but it is too bright there in the middle.

Chris

So your going carbed and blown?

Yep....

I though you were going to turbo that bad boy...Oh welll....I need to make a road trip to AR for some fun...

On a differnt note, the spacer from your crank pully to the balancer. What brand is that and what is the part number? I need one and dont have any idea who to contact about getting one. I can almost read the PN in the pix, but it is too bright there in the middle.

Chris

I got it from Ford Racing direct 4 years ago, but do not remember the details. I went to the garage, and luckly the number is on the bottom.

spacer.jpg

I was going turbo, and had a 434 Dart and a 85mm Garret to go on it, but some one wanted it more than me, so parted with it. It would of made the Bird a track only car, since it was pretty radical, and had every thing for the track, a dry sump, etc. I am have 3 pulleys to start with on this, and want to keep it below 750 HP to stay streetable. It will go way above that very easy....

I want to keep it a fun car. :)

:eek: Can you weigh your bird after please?

Sorry, missed that. Will do. I had it down to 3150 when weighed last Fall, but added about 100 lbs of roll bar and bracing, and will add another 70 lbs with the YSi, so that should be close to 3320 lbs total if I do not drop any more.

Bruce your engineering & work looks very nice on your Thunderbird..
It would be nice to see it and meet you someday at a race or show.

Randy

Bruce,

I know this is off topic but do you have any pics of your throttle cable and how you hooked it up to your gas peddle? I have a Locar (sp) throttle cable for my carb'ed 306ci and I dont know how I should hook the two up.

This is what I have to work with:

SSPX0200.jpg

SSPX0199.jpg

Shane

Bruce your engineering & work looks very nice on your Thunderbird..
It would be nice to see it and meet you someday at a race or show.

Randy

Thanks Randy. Being Retired gives me plenty of time to plan, and do the work myself. With it geared for in town use, and 1/8 th mile strips (4.30), I can not do a lot of long trips. Too poor to buy a trailer also. I will be at NMRA in Bowling Green Ky in October with it. I would love to take it to the Shoot Out, but just too far.

Shane, I will take a picture for you today.

Chris

AHEM! i am vortech , roush and motorsport dealer

Shane,
It had been about 4 1/2 years since I did my cable, so I had to look my self. (Suffering from CRS) Here are a couple of shots. Best I remember I just used a drill on the hole to match the back of the clevis, and to make a slight counter sunk hole.

pedal-cable.jpg

pedal-cable3.jpg

Works fine.....

Bruce,

I know this is off topic but do you have any pics of your throttle cable and how you hooked it up to your gas peddle? I have a Locar (sp) throttle cable for my carb'ed 306ci and I dont know how I should hook the two up.

This is what I have to work with:

SSPX0200.jpg

SSPX0199.jpg

Shane

Bruce,

How did you get the washers between the firewall and the cable to support the cable?

Also is that an S&W cage?

Shane

Bruce,

How did you get the washers between the firewall and the cable to support the cable?

Also is that an S&W cage?

Shane

I just took the clevis off, sliped a washer on, stuck is through the firewall, put the second washer on, then the nut. Yes, it is a S&W roll bar, with Chris Alston's swing outs.

Took it out and played a little this weekend, and back in the garage to start on the Vortech.

Here is a shot just taken. Will get started tomorrow.

1. Modify the radiator support to allow the radiator to go 1 inch farther forward.
2. Chuck the P/S
3. Start installing the YSi.

The YSi will be done in 2 phases.
1. Get it on and running with low boost (8-10psi)
2. Convert the fuel system to E85, then up the boost to 15-20 psi.

This will be the last mod....... :)

Back