Wideband O2 Sensor Shootout

I've always recommended the LM1 to everyone who asks. I use it for my tuning and I've compared it to many expensive dyno shop 02 meters. The LM1 has always been very close and sometimes clearly more accurate. I've used mine over hundreds of hours of testing and it has survived more than a couple knocks, bangs, moisture and some severe heat. They also have the best datalogging software I've seen (for this type of product), hands down.

I currently use the LM1 in daisy chain with the DL32 and rpm converter to record 11 channels of data. It's pretty sweet.

I've always recommended the LM1 to everyone who asks. I use it for my tuning and I've compared it to many expensive dyno shop 02 meters. The LM1 has always been very close and sometimes clearly more accurate. I've used mine over hundreds of hours of testing and it has survived more than a couple knocks, bangs, moisture and some severe heat. They also have the best datalogging software I've seen (for this type of product), hands down.

I currently use the LM1 in daisy chain with the DL32 and rpm converter to record 11 channels of data. It's pretty sweet.
\

Do they have a internet site I can log on to for price anf information?

Ken

Yup, Innovate makes a good product. I have their LC-1 ($199) and like it. This particular model is inexpensive and has no built in display, but you can connect it to a laptop for realtime display or datalogging, or you can connect it up to anything that'll take the signal. It did start acting flaky after a couple of weeks, but I did another "free air calibration" and it has been working fine since then.

Would installing a LM1 provide all the necessary information to fine tune the EEC or is a dyno pull necessary? L

I went to their web site and they have 3 set up.
Basic Kit $349
RPM kit $429
Aux Box kit 589

What would you recommend for the average SCer or above average SCer.

Ken

Innovate is great!

We use the LM1 in our dyno shop. The first one lasted for 5 years of daily use. When it died they fixed it for free! We bought a new one and now use the old one for mobile and track testing.

Excellent product, outstanding customer service!

I can't make up my mind from all the options from what they have for best buy for the buck. An LC1 is all that is needed to log O2. You can get a gauge with a LC1 that displays this and you can plug a laptop into it all to log. That'll get you O2. Then later if you want you can add other components to capture other things. The LC1 is much more modular.

I purchased the LM1 + AuxBox so I could log other metrics including boost so I can get real on the road tuning by mapping o2 against RPM, Boost and IAT. Valuable information if I ever get the racer pack, or even for tuning via the phone/email with Dave.

I went to their web site and they have 3 set up.
Basic Kit $349
RPM kit $429
Aux Box kit 589

What would you recommend for the average SCer or above average SCer.

Ken

I would recommend the aux box and LC1 as a minimum. Add the SSI-4 if you want to add more channels.

I went with the LC-1 (also running the SCT X-Cal 2 with the PRP). I haven't had a chance to try out the LC-1 yet, but from what I've heard about it, I don't have any doubt that it will be fine for my setup.

-Rod

Dear Zeitronix Dealer,

Regarding the recent Fordmuscle wideband shootout.
We have spoken to Mr. Mike Kojima, the author of the Fordmuscle shootout and got first hand test details.

The tests were done using Innovate methodology and Innovate equipment.

There were several major flaws in the test, including but not limited to the way the O2 sensor was exposed to the test gases.

One of the major test flaws was reading the AFR value from the Zeitronix Zt-2 analog output using the Innovate logger. There is always a voltage drop on the power-ground wire caring 12W of O2 sensor heater power and offsetting the AFR value. Reading the AFR value from the Innovate digital output but logging a raw Zt-2 voltage using Innovate logger suspected the Zt-2 AFR reading to the voltage drop, noise and Innovate logger analog to digital conversion offsets and conversion time. The Zeitronix ZDL datalogging software should have been used to read the AFR value from the digital output of the Zt-2; not any other product brand. Using the Innovate analog logger gave Innovate LC-1 unit, a half track length advantage in this 1/4 mile race. We either start from the same line or this test is not valid at all. This is an absolute violation and unscrupulous action.

The same goes for the "latency" measurement. The Zt-2 AFR readings were obtained by using the Innovate logger and software.

The Zeitronix ZDL software was not used in the test but scored the lowest.

Moreover, the Zt-2 scored the lowest in "ease of use" category. You know first hand how easy is to get the AFR value from the Zt-2. It takes two wires to be connected to +12V and ground plus the O2 sensor placed in the exhaust stream to read the AFR. The Zeitronix LCD display plugs and powers up directly from the Zt-2.

As you suspect, Fordmuscle is sponsored by Innovate.

At this point we are requesting comments to be added to Frodmuscle Wideband Shootout immediately.

Thank you for your patronage.
Zbigniew
Vp Eng Zeitronix Inc.

Back