ARC settings?

quicktsi

I just installed a Tokico ILK222 set up. The rebound is really spongy in the rear almost like a blown shock? Before installing the actuators do I need to turn the adjustment knob on the shock all the way in or out, or do nothing? I searched several threads and could not find anything other than some work great, and others have the same boaty feel complaint. I have had the car aligned and put over 150 miles on it so far, and it has not changed. The car does not feel any firmer at all.

I installed the same kit and I don't have major rebound. She feels like a "lincoln" when in auto mode, but once she firms up, it feels like I just bolted the entire suspenion to the frame direct.

Hows the end links for the stablizer bars etc.

Front is brand new moog sway bar end links. The rear is brand new scp rear sway bar end links.

Not quite to do with your boaty feel, but did you get the stock length end links or did you go with shorter ones?

Also, do you have much extra weight in the car such as subs etc? I know if I fill the trunk with groceries etc then I need to kick in firm mode cause I'll get that bouncy feel.

If you do have sub boxes etc, you might want to consider getting yuorself some air bags to put inside you rear coils and pump them up a bit.

I got the Short Rear Sway Bar Link Kit - with Polyurethane Bushings from Super Coupe performance.

I'd take each rear shock off and compress it by hand. That is push it against the driveway and see how they compare to the old shocks. They should be stiff and slow to compress. Rotate the pin 1/8 turn at a time and see if it varies. :cool:

If I remember, they are very easy to install. I think I installed them, when the car was on jack stands all the way around.

really easy...supposed to do it without the wheels suspended in the air but I do it with it suspended and its fine...just tighten it enough to where the metal stud sleeve stops moving

Back