E85 as a power adder......

ricardoa1

I think we should bring up the discussion of E85 to be used in an SC.
Seems like there is bennefits to it in the performance aspect. The octane rating is higher and will allow for higher timing. But more of it has to be injected into the engine. In the near future this might be a cheap alternative to petro so why not discuss it.

DSM and Turbo mustang guys seems to have been using it which much success its like running race gas all the time.

Let the discussion begin.
From what I have heard a higher outboard pump needs to be used and -8 fuel lines comes to mind.

Jason AKA CLO a long time ago said lets get set up and tune your car for E85.....Now if its readily available to you why not. But for an everyday driving car it can get expensive. Just my thoughts

Needless to say I didnt go for it. Wonder if it woudl be easy enough to run both with a switch chip and perhaps a pressure change..Beats me

you def'n need to upgrade your lines. some guys on the probe boards,and mx3 boards have ran it..i've read a few stories of the stock lines not lasting more than a couple of months after e85 was introduced.

Back