So I want to work on my SC...

johnrada

I'm looking to make some decent horsepower on my SC, most new cars out there are pushing 300 hp at the crank right out of the factory, I'd like to keep up if not stay ahead of them. So I was wondering what exact mods I should do to my SC, so far from what I got I'm going to want to put in a mild cam with some more durable ported heads, get a free flowing exhaust, and then make sure the blower is ported and overdriven with a nice DIC with a fan to match. Now for step 1 (cam) what are the specifics I should know before I blow my money on something useless, preferably where can i get a decent cam shaft? what should the specifications be on it for my application? all suggestions are appreciated thanks!

Last edited:
well first off, are u wanting to push 300hp ? cuz with a good cam, ported heads, upgraded blower, exhaust and intake you'll get there.

there's more people here that know cams more than i do. look at the specs on supercoupeperformance.com's stage 2 cam. something around there would be good for your application.

Just order a cam from Dave Dalke "XR7Dave".He can set you up with a custom grind that'll be speced just for you're car.And it won't be much more than buying a cam that's not perfectly optimized for you're combo.

Jay

I second that, just got my cam from Dave and other recommendations from him, can't wait to install motor, hoping for well over 300hp with the set up I have.

nice, thank you i have been talking to dave and he said make sure everything is in good running condition, the only thing i really have left to do is get some new belts mine look a little chewed and get my oil leak fixed. All of the computers are working good, just a stupid seat belt light and then i should be good to start modding my ride finally. I will definitely ask dave about the internals i will be needing on my engine, i'm ordering my exhaust tomorrow with probably the intake also so i should be ready to start working on the heads and cam within a few weeks/days

Back