supercharger rebuilding

DemonSC

my supercharger needs rebuilt and i was wondering if instead of removing the whole supercharger i could just take the nose off and leave the rest on?

my supercharger needs rebuilt and i was wondering if instead of removing the whole supercharger i could just take the nose off and leave the rest on?

why waste the time trying that, just pull the whole charger it will make life easier on rebuilding and all the sc oil wont be all over your lower intake.. but im sure the snout would come off with the case still in place

There is one bolt on the snout that you can not get to while it is on the car.
Take the whole supercharger with plenum off as one piece, it will make life easier. While you are at it, now would be a good time for valve cover gaskets. Also, if you have the blower off, you could replace the needle bearing on it at the same time. I let mine go for 207,000 miles before I broke down and did it. First time any bolt on the engine had been cracked. What a hassle! Anyway, all the bearings were shot. Blower still was putting out 12lbs of boost...these eatons are built tough.

Back