vacuum question

MadMikeyL

SCCoA Member
My car started running a little rough and was down on power, so I figured it was probably a vacuum leak and started checking it out. I found several vacuum leaks that I fixed, but the last one kind of puzzled me. The line that goes to the supercharger bypass valve goes along the firewall and down in the area between the shock tower and firewall on the driver's side, and it wasn't attached to anything. I also found a vacuum source in that area coming off a junction block that is bolted to the cowl, that wasn't attached to anything, and there was an electrical connector there too. For now what I did was pull the end off the plastic line going to the bypass valve and plug it directly into the vacuum source, so now there is no more vacuum leak and the bypass valve is working again, but is there supposed to be some kind of solenoid down there, and if so, where is it located? I know I didn't remove it, and I know the bypass valve was working before, so I don't know how the thing could go missing like this.

Mike

Back