AC Compressor Power

Thomas A

I just had a major brain fart, and did something quite stupid, and was wondering what I have broken.

I was recharging the AC in my '89 Cougar. Everything was going well, the compressor started to cycle as the pressure was coming up. I decided I would jumper the low pressure limit switch to speed up the process. For some retarded reason I jumpered the wire going to the compressor rather then the pressure switch! :confused:

Now, the compressor doesn't cycle at all, even with the pressure switch jumpered. Any idea what damage was done, and how I can fix it?

Thomas

Yeah, checked all fuses and they looked fine. I am not sure if that circuit even has a direct fuse?

Thomas

Ircm

Hi Thomas, Well I just did a service to my 90 & the compressor would not cycle but the Rad. fan would. So I take it to my mech. & we narrowed it to the IRCM
so we swapped it with my 89 & the compressor worked, so I would go after the IRCM if you have an extra. but for now you can hot wire the compressor to finish the servicing. PM me if you need one I am going to the P&P tues.

Matt

Back