Can you guys help me out with some drive shaft specs here....

Deep6

recently I've run into some probs with my transmission "clunking" when I shift. Especially a low rpm shift from 2nd to 3rd.

I took it to my wizbang mechanic who owns two SC's himself and works at metro ford. So he is VERY schooled. At any rate he got my car up on the lift and he did tighten my bolts to the rear diff Yoke. That helped a little bit, but he was concerned that the custom aluminum driveshaft I have was a touch too long. He thinks that it's pushing too much on the transmission tailshaft yoke and this what is causeing the clunk when I shift.

Does anyone know at least on a 5-speed car (94-95) how much the the tailshaft yoke should be sticking out of the transmission. Mine was only sticking out about 2 inches.

At any rate if someone could give me the proper length of at 94-95 5-speed Drive shaft. It's weird but when Eric went to look up the specs on the parts computer at ford, they A. discontinued the part and B. didn't have the specs in the "bible" there.

if I can find anything out I'm gonna e-mail him.

Eric didn't seem to think so...

He says that On his automatic SC, the yoke is sticking out of the tailshaft about 3" at least. Seeing mine shoved so far into the tailshaft got him thinking.

He said that the only other problem that he could think of is perhaps a worn diff clutch pack. He did mention that my transmission crossmember mounts (the little rubber doughnutts) were pretty much trashed. But he doesn't seem to think that's the primary cause.

Back