engine wont start

wingzeroac195

SCCoA Member
I have a problem, my car does not want to start, it crank but does not fire, like it if ran out of fuel, do not know id the up shift light comes on, but after messing with the auto shut up switch in the trunk it started, now I do not know if this is the problem, also my tachometer is not working, it works and then it does not. any advice?:confused:

ur post is a little hard to understand.

start with the basics if the car wont turn over.....make sure u have air, fuel, and spark.

did u say u were getting an upshift light when cranking ? thats the crank sensor.

u said u had NO tach....so make sure your cam sensor is plugged in. if it is and theres still no tach you'll need a new cam sensor.

well the car starts, but it takes a while, it sounds like there is no fuel going to the engine, and when Im in a stop light or trafffic for a while, RPM drops and the car stalls, maybe is the auto shut off switch located in the trunk or is the fuel filter, do not know, can you help. about the tachometer I will check the cam sensor to see if it is connected and clean.

the switch in the truck is a emergency fuel shutoff and takes impact to engage.
sounds to me that a cam sensor is on it way out. Is the CEL on?

fuel pressure check is easy. Go to the parts store and buy/rent a fuel pressure tester and attach it to the schrader valve. Doesn't sound like a fuel related issue, though.

Back