not a tbird but its still a ford(need some help..)

92sclikenew

ok i got a 97 ford sho i been on the shoforums.com and trying to get help over there with this issue...

ok here the prob and a bit of the story, ok this car has been sitting for around 2 1/2 years(bad motor) ok well i put in the good motor.. it cranks and has spark but when i push on the little thing on the fuel rail that looks like a tire valve stem i get no fuel... i have check the fuse the safty shut off in the trunk.. idk what it is unless the pump is froze or the wiring for the fuel pump is gunked up..

i know you guys know alot about sc's maybe some of you will know about a taurus sho....

thanks brian...

If the car has been sitting that long the odds are the fuel pump is froze up, they dont like to sit that long without being used.

how are u sure u have spark ??

prime the pump a few times

make sure there's enough NEW gas in there.

check for fuel pressure.

if that all doesnt work you're prolly lookin at throwin a new pump in there.

how are u sure u have spark ??

prime the pump a few times

make sure there's enough NEW gas in there.

check for fuel pressure.

if that all doesnt work you're prolly lookin at throwin a new pump in there.

yea im down to putting a pump in i know i got spark cuz its coil on plug and i got extra coils... and the pump dont prime it just sounds like a knocking
i checked for power and its got power...

so i tryed to power the pump with the battery and some leads.. sounds like it just knocks and is frozen this sucks...

thanks for any input guys.. i think its the pump...

heres a few pics for you guys...
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27334&d=1183348291

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27335&d=1183348291

Last edited:
The pumps generally are the same size and shape, but they certainly vary in output. The SHO should have come with a fairly high output pump, maybe 90 to 110 liters per hour, from the factory. I think that you can buy an even higher-output replacement for under $150. Check out this article:

www.shotimes.com/SHO3fuelpumpreplacement.html

thanks for all your help guys so you would go with the fuel pump

idk if i did says this or not but im getting power at the plug and then i jumped the pump with a battery and it just sounds frozen... :eek:

thanks for all your help guys so you would go with the fuel pump

idk if i did says this or not but im getting power at the plug and then i jumped the pump with a battery and it just sounds frozen... :eek:

thats y we're pointing at the pump for your problem ;)

Nice. Glad to hear that it is working.

For the longer term, if you want to get rid of the duplicate wiring, try to find the stock fuel pump relay. I am almost sure that there is one. Maybe that was bad and caused the knocking noise you heard.

Back