PDA

View Full Version : Welp! Time for more punishment.....

Sweet90SC
07-02-2007, 03:59 PM
My brother in-law picked this up at the auction for me the other night...what a guy!...:rolleyes:

Flip
07-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Rick
Thats a nice looking SC, How does it run? Looks like low miles on it.
Good luck with it.:D

89tird
07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
nice findd :cool:

rickbtbird
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
My brother in-law picked this up at the auction for me the other night...what a guy!...:rolleyes:

Hey I think I seen the front Thunderbird Logo to that car on an ebay sale recently. :rolleyes:

Sweet90SC
07-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Car runs really good sitting still Flip with no engine rattle or smoke and the oil looks good. I can't put it on the road yet because it needs brake work. So I can't say what happens at WOT. Looking at the engine I can tell it could probably use plugs and wires. as well as belts and hoses etc. The SuperCharger seems to be in reasonably good shape no marbles or leaks, but then there are the valve cover gaskets. I have no idea about the HG's. Doesn't look like they have been changed. It's bone stock but dirty. Once I get it all cleaned up I'll be able to tell alot better what needs to be done. It isn't throwing any codes though so mainly some TLC. The car has absolutely no rust at all including the underside and the stock exhaust looks really good too. As far as the bird emblem from the hood. Is was loose on one side at the auction so he took it off and put it in the glove box so he wouldn't lose it when he pulled it to his lot. Here's a pic of the engine, you can see it's just bone stock and needs a little TLC. Thanks for the compliments guys but she's fresh from the auction so gimme a little bit of time and I should have her screwed up pretty good by then.;)

rickbtbird
07-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Really it doesnít look that bad. It does looks like it has a replacement alternator so the IC tube must have been removed. It looks like there's some rust around the bolts that attach the blower top so I'm betting it was removed. I'm guessing they clean the dirt off the serpentine tension assembly when that was replaced.

If the rocker cover is leaking there will be oil on the side of the block, like my 90 has.

Also, if the seal is gone on the blower snout, you should be able to generate some fluid by rubbing your finger on the snout in back of the pulley.

If there are greasy hand prints on the inside of the engine bay you can bet someone worked on it in their back yard.

I did a soup to nuts clean up of the entire intake on my 90 two years ago when it had 85k on it and I got a 95 Iím doing now. This involves removing the entire intake and fuel system off, clean and inspection and reassemble with new gaskets and o-rings where applicable. It might be more then you want to do but if you have any questions I have some notes. See the attachment for the end results
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14759&d=1124245726

SuperChicken89
07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Well Rick, you must be feeling much better now to be willing to endure more SC pain. The car looks very clean. I would be willing to bet it's an adult one owner car that was a dealer trade in. Looks like the previous owner really took good care of it for the past 15 years.

Now get to work under the hood by cleaning it up and adding some yellow:D I know of another SC owner who may be willing to sell you some yellow plug wires, coil pack, and DIS module:)

Good luck with the new ride! I look forward to seeing it in person soon.

Bryan

the-big-e
07-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Looks like the pain meds are working, for now......:p

That interior looks like it is in great condition......

Sweet90SC
07-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks Rick... It's deffinitely a take my timer! You can tell the Alt was changed and the top IC tube and top were removed some paint craked and rusted areas and the Brake master has tell tale greasy finger prints. I'm willing to bet the former owner checked on a replacement Master on this thing and got a little sticker shock and decided time to trade. I did check out the SC snout for any leaks and it is dry and no marbles either. There is the passenger side valve cover leak you can see with a flashlight but it still doesn't appear as though this car was ridden hard at all. Maybe got lucky here..time will tell.;)

Bryan Your pretty good..Yes one owner car new Mercedes trade the sticker on the mid front windshield is from mercedes of orlando by the way...:D. Obviously this was not a kids car. And in the little I was able to move it around and steer it, it has a very solid feel. I just don't think it was ever really run that hard. I'll know more when I get the brakes working so I can take it out. (Hard Hard Peddle) Hmmmmmmmm....:rolleyes: Any Ideas? I also think I'll just leave this one stock for now before I start making it throw codes....and look yellow....;)

Eddie you miss out on everything! Brother It's miracle! I had my last surgery several weeks back and I feel fantastic.:p So far so good and no more meds required. Feels good to be able to do my morning runs again 2 miles everyday:D

I'm just glad my bro in-law found this one. I told him in May that if he saw a decent fixer upper SC at auction anytime to please pick it up for me. He said he rarely if ever sees any and I thought he forgot all about it. Then on Saturday he called and asked me to drive down he had something to show me...:eek:.. Boy was I surprised! One more rescued.....I guess thats what it's all about right?

Thanks for the comments guys You all knew I wouldn't be out too long. There is no cure!

HEY! Me and Glen match now!:D

txsc
07-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Congratulations on a great find! Looks like a good one. Appears it has a new alternator and tensioner assemblies. With minor work, you'll have a gem. And, I'll bet the auction price was very friendly...

JD

Sweet90SC
07-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks JD...No doubt if you have access to a dealers auction you can get some super deals. I agree once the brake work is done just some TLC and elbow grease and we've got yet another SC saved.;)
Rick

S_Mazza
07-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Um, I think that car is nicer than mine. You have already gotten a bargain, I think. If the AC works, you have struck gold.

Cobra85
07-03-2007, 09:04 PM
HEY! Me and Glen match now!:D

Yea, now I need to get busy prepin' the 91 for new paint. Then it will look nicer (rymes with ricer???) than yours. But you'll have me beat at the shows when you open up the hood the show those bright,YELLOW plug wires :D

SuperChicken89
07-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Bryan Your pretty good..Yes one owner car new Mercedes trade the sticker on the mid front windshield is from mercedes of orlando by the way...:D. Obviously this was not a kids car. And in the little I was able to move it around and steer it, it has a very solid feel. I just don't think it was ever really run that hard. I'll know more when I get the brakes working so I can take it out. (Hard Hard Peddle) Hmmmmmmmm....:rolleyes: Any Ideas? I also think I'll just leave this one stock for now before I start making it throw codes....and look yellow....;)

Maybe I missed my true calling:D

The brake problem may be a simple repair. Go to Lance Morgan's 35th Registry and read through the 89-92 ABS article written by Duffy Floyd for some trouble shooting tips. The problem could be a bad pump relay, accumulator, pump motor, pressure switch, ignition switch, or a combination of these issues. I would be willing to bet that either the pump relay or the accumulator went bad causing the pump to run constantly which burned it up. Turn the ignition switch to the run position and listen for the ABS pump motor. It should run for about 20-40 seconds and then shut off. If you don't hear the pump, then you know where to start trouble shooting.

Link to Lance's 35th registry website:

http://www.35thatr.org/Tips/ABS.htm

Bryan

onequiksc
07-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Good luck with it Rick, looks like a cared for car. Rare find anymore.

the-big-e
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Feels good to be able to do my morning runs again 2 miles everyday:D

I wish I could run 2 miles......:(

Sweet90SC
07-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I wish I could run 2 miles......:(

You can Eddie!...Just imagine there was a pool table and suds at the end..........:D

the-big-e
07-05-2007, 10:41 PM
But by then my back would be soooooooo sore that I would have to use the pool stick as a walking cane......:(

Been there, done that......:p

Won 14 games straight......:cool:

I might be on to something......:rolleyes:

Sweet90SC
07-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Thats the spirit....look at the bright side...Hope you guys had a great 4th..;)

the-big-e
07-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Got me a "Break and Run" patch at pool league last week along with an "8 On the Break" patch.....:D

For the "Break and Run", I broke the rack and continued to pocket balls all the way up to the 8 ball without my opponent taking a shot.....

On the very next game, I pocketed the 8 ball on the break to win that game.....:eek:

I won two games in a row before my opponent could even take a shot.....:p

This is the first time I have done this in a league match since I started almost 11 years ago......:eek: