Lifetime membership possibilities

rzibilske77

Just courious if this could be possible. I believe over on tccoa it is around 200.
I would be interested in doing this, im sure it would be somewhat cheaper then tccoa as our dues are less.
125.00?
anyone else think they would be interested?:rolleyes:

I dont know that it can be done. I have attempted to over pay (two year) before and they would not allow it. I ended up giving the money to the awdSC project.

Chris

I dont know that it can be done. I have attempted to over pay (two year) before and they would not allow it. I ended up giving the money to the awdSC project.

Chris

I could understand them sending that back. Did you give them notice of you sending in double amount or did you just send it.
Im sure if they actually set something like this in place i see no reason why not.

Currently there are no plans to offer a lifetime membership. Since the modest $15 fee is only designed to cover web hosting costs. In the future we could offer more services and raise the current dues or have different levels of dues, so there is no value to the club to have a lifetime fee at this point. We can always revisit the question once real dues are established.

I dont think lifetime fees are currently needed nor such a good idea. So long as we are in the green as a club all is well . Funds come in the way of advertiser/vendor support and our membership dues. I would like to see however different levels of dues. 15$ could be for only BBS support whereas $30 could give you a member package which would include the bbs support as well as club specific paraphernalia (I have a bunch of ideas for that) and maybe even vendor discounts. You would need to of course have an ongoing and current membership to recieve those discounts and the vendors would need to really stick to their guns to make that work out allright.

Of course our "club" funds do currently support more then just the BBS itself if we generated more funds there would be more opportunity to host/sponsor events. Right now we are just a glorified message board with its membership pushing few and far between events. Hopefully we can move beyond just that

Back